Author Topic: GSX Vehciles and sim.cfg  (Read 2520 times)

SKEWR

GSX Vehciles and sim.cfg
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:41:13 pm »
Hello;

I fly United 99% of the time when I'm using GSX. I fly often out of KEWR. When I do, there was a very good chance that Swissport would handle my flight despite KEWR being a major United hub (former Continental hub). I've read the paint kit tutorial and done a search on these forums. I have the following:

1) With KEWR being a big hub for United, is it possible to reduce the presence of Swissport there by default? I've already modded the .cfg file, but it is time consuming to do this with each update.
2) I've modified the sim.cfg for each type of vehicle UAL and Swiss have. However, when I update GSX, sometimes, that information is lost. My question is how often will a GSX update affect the sim.cfg?
3) To save time for myself I've saved my new sim.cfg files so I can override the update. (For example I have saved cfgs as sim.cfg.ual. that I overwrite the updated sim.cfg) My question: How will I know when an update will create a new sim.cfg and how can I know if there has been a major change where my modified .cfg will not function properly? (For example if my modified sim..cfg.ual has 112 vehicles and the latest GSX has added 14 more vehicles, will the old .cfg work? How will I know there have been more vehicles added and my .cfg should be changed?)

Thanks for your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Vehciles and sim.cfg
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:52:59 pm »
Saving the whole SIM.CFG file might be risky because, we also might update some parameters in the General or Couatl sections and, if you restore the old ones, they might not work with newer code updates.

It's best if you save and restore only the [fltsim] sections for the airlines you are interested to customize.