Author Topic: KLAX runway lights on during the day in clear weather  (Read 5200 times)

PRE-CISION

KLAX runway lights on during the day in clear weather
« on: October 29, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »
Hi FSDT,

I'm having a minor issue where the runway lights at KLAX are on during the day in clear weather. I know however, that this is not an issue with your KLAX. I'm also using Active Sky 2012, and anytime it controls the weather, regardless of weather conditions, the runway lights at KLAX go on. If I let fsx control the weather they stay off. I will probably go to the Hifi forums to ask them why this might be as well, but I was hoping you may have an idea as to why even in clear weather conditions controlled by AS2012, the runway lights come on. Thanks for the help

-Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX runway lights on during the day in clear weather
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »
The scenery lights checks the visibility variable (A:AMBIENT VISIBILITY), and turn them on if it's less than 8050 mt ( 5 miles ), you might try asking AS2012 support how they interact on this variable.

PRE-CISION

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »
Thanks for the quick response Umberto!

I'll try heading over to AS2012 support with that info, thanks! It's quite strange it's almost as if the sim thinks it's night. I'm noticing it's not just the runway lights coming on, but all the lampposts around the terminals are turning on as well. If I initially load a flight onto KLAX during the day, and then change the time in the sim even if it's by just a couple minutes, the lights will turn off with AS2012 still controlling the weather. Weird.

Thanks again,

-Paul

DrJ1

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:56:37 am »
I have noticed this as well.  It also happens at KDFW.  Please let us know if Hifi comes up with anything

DrJ1

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:32 am »
In case anyone here is interested.   Here is HiFis response:

Thanks..

The METAR is most certainly above IFR/MVFR conditions, so it should not be triggered for this based on surface wx conditions.

But, if you are flying within a cloud layer, and we do in-cloud visibility reduction, the airport scenery checking the ambient visibility is probably triggering this. If that's the case, you could disable "Reduce visibility in cloud layers" to prevent this.

Looks like it is a setting that must be changed in AS2012....    I will  confirm if it solves the problem when I get a chance.