Author Topic: Baggage color  (Read 4869 times)

miata54

Baggage color
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:30:56 pm »
Is it possible, using the paint kit, to change the color of the baggages? I looked in the Misc folder but did not see a specific model file for individual baggages.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage color
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »
No, it's not, sorry.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:24:41 pm »
Would be a nice addition for a future update.

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 11:48:16 pm »
Is it possible, using the paint kit, to change the color of the baggages? I looked in the Misc folder but did not see a specific model file for individual baggages.

Is this really necessary? I think the team has better things to do than this..

boilerbill

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:47:33 pm »
This has been discussed before. For example, read through this thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6973.0.html. It explains the reason why there are just 2 bag colors.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

miata54

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 07:25:13 pm »
Ah, the age of enlightenment! 8) Seeing this was discussed almost a year and a half ago, it looks like red/blue is the final choice.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:27 pm »
it looks like red/blue is the final choice.

Would you rather we spend our time allowing for multiple-colored choice for luggage OR doing actual improvements, like supporting new airplanes days after release (see the example for the PMDG 777) and adding new features and making bug fixes ?

Yes, of course, having unlimited development resources, we could offer everything, but then GSX would not cost as low as it does ( it has been out for more than 18 months and ALL updates so far were always free ), so we must make choices.

And, as explained countless of times, the order of priority for updates is:

1) TOP priority to bug fixing. This because users that already spent money should be served before trying to look for new users.

2) 2nd priority is new actual features that add to the functionality.

3) Lowest priority to something that's just eye-candy with no function whatsoever, and choices of colors for luggage surely falls into this category.

miata54

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »
No problem Umberto. Your work is appreciated.

BTW, did you ever received the the FT AFCAD that I sent, that you requested?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 02:35:57 am »
BTW, did you ever received the the FT AFCAD that I sent, that you requested?

Yes, but haven't found the time to look at it.

caffman263

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 09:28:46 am »
In the other thread someone said that they've never seen red/blue luggage at the airport, which reminds me of a funny story. When I worked at the airport I had to walk through the bag room to get to the terminal ground floor, and one day I saw a pallet stacked with nothing but red and blue suitcases and started laughing to myself. So they are out there..