Author Topic: Marshaller behaviour and face color  (Read 3114 times)

cuevision

Marshaller behaviour and face color
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the marshaller who does the guide to get on place at the gate, does not move? He only stands there with his arms and lights next to his body, but does not guide me into place. And I see he has a red face instead of a human colored face.

Thanks and regards,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller behaviour and face color
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:23:54 pm »
There are several possible reasons for animations not working:

- You don't have the "Advanced Animation" option enable in the FSX Graphic Settings.

- If you are looking from far away, there's a built-in FSX optimization that turns off all animation, you simply need to look from a closer distance, or zoom in.

Other things that might cause this problem, are video driver settings and wrong tweaks in your FSX.CFG;

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

cuevision

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your fast reply!

It was the 'Advanced animation' that was not activated. So movements are ok. However the Marshallers head is still red. Updated drivers and settings about videocard are done.

Thanks and regards,
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:40:51 am »
However the Marshallers head is still red. Updated drivers and settings about videocard are done.

Doesn't happen here and nobody else has ever reported it so far, the only possible explanation is files corrupted on your system, a GSX reinstall should fix it.

cuevision

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »
Hi

It seems his head color is also depending to a correct setup in FSX. I have made some changes over there and now he looks human.

Regards and thanks for your patience.

Ed