Author Topic: HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore ! *FOUND SOLUTION !  (Read 10372 times)

raam123

HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore ! *FOUND SOLUTION !
« on: October 04, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »
A big problem here I guess...

I started FSX and all I could see is the gates with no buildings...

I didn't understand what happened so I unistalled all sceneries and re-installed.
In FSX - MENU - Addon manager - it shows that the scenery is active and installed but all I can see is stand alone gates...

I dont have the coualt menu and it seems it doesn't run.
So I tried to check exe.dll and and it is there.
I tried removing exe.dll and xml.dll so it will be built again after installing the stand alone but it didn't work...

Now I'm out of ideas...

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:40:14 am by raam123 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore !
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 09:09:07 pm »
I dont have the coualt menu and it seems it doesn't run.

That's the reason. The most likely cause is your antivirus has blocked it, maybe after an update.

- Uninstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Pay attention if you are being asked permission to run both the Addon Manager and Couatl modules. Allow BOTH to run.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

raam123

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:21:29 pm »
I don't have any anti-virus installed.

Anyway I un-installed the stand alone and re-instaelld it (version 2.9.0.8 ) but still seems coualt not running... it doesnt not appear in FSX and no buildings as well...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:31:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:32:58 pm »
Anyway I un-installed the stand alone and re-instaelld it (version 2.9.0.8 ) but still seems coualt not running... it doesnt not appear in FSX and no buildings as well...

Have you been ASKED permission to run both modules at the end of the whole procedure (which you should follow anyway, even if you don't have an antivirus) ? Do every step, don't skip any, especially THIS one:

Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

And pay attention if you are being asked permission to run both the Addon Manager and Couatl modules when you start FSX again after the reinstallation. Allow BOTH to run.

raam123

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:34:30 pm »
Actually I haven't been asked for it...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:41:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:41:23 pm »
What, exactly, you haven't been asked permission to run ? The Addon Manager, Couatl or both ?

If you followed all the procedure without skipping ANY steps, especially the one I said not to skip, you should have been asked permission to run AT LEAST the Addon Manager. Is this the case ?

If you haven't been asked permission to run any of them, but the Addon manager runs, and Couatl doesn't, it means you haven't followed that previous procedure to the letter, but probably skipped the step I've said you shouldn't.

raam123

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:45:30 pm »
It is not asking for permission either permission...

loading FSX Addon manager appears under Add-ons. Coualt isn't.

BTW checking my FSX.CFG both Bglmanx and Coualt are there but not appearing under the main menu...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »
It is not asking for permission either permission...

loading FSX Addon manager appears under Add-ons. Coualt isn't.

As I've said, this means you haven't followed that previous procedure to the letter, but probably skipped the step I've said you shouldn't, this one:

Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

raam123

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 10:07:24 pm »
Did it again just to make sure...

Add / remove.
VIRTUALI Addon ManagerX
unInstall.

"Do you want to remove Addon Manager - Yes.
"Warning..." - Yes.

"Do you want to remove Couatl Engine from FSX - Yes.
"Warning..." - Yes.

Checked FSX.CFG and it is not there.
Loaded FSX - Addon manager and Coualt not there as expected.

Now - reInstalling Stand Alone Manager.

Loaded FSX - It didn't ask for any permission and it added coulatl.exe and bglmanX.dll to FSX.CFG....
I can send you copy of it if you wish.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »
Loaded FSX - It didn't ask for any permission and it added coulatl.exe and bglmanX.dll to FSX.CFG....

Go to the Windows Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from BOTH tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Repeat the Uninstall/Reinstall (including the "Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine" part) and note if you are now asked permission to run both modules.

raam123

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »
I did as followed.

This time it asked for permissions for BOTH files.
FSX loaded but the problem still there... only gates no buildings....  ??? ???

And still no coualt menu...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:31:19 pm »
you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your install:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

raam123

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 06:39:33 am »
After a long long night I found the solution  ;D

I found searching the forums about a file coualt.err -> I found the file and it seems there was an error under Coualtaddons.ini
It is located under User/PC_NAME/Appdata/Raoming/Virtuali

I deleted the file and and re-installed one product - not even the stand alone and it all came back as Coualt appears in main menu and builldings finally there.

Good night all and Thx for the support so far. :-*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:03:58 pm by raam123 »

N55211

Re: HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore ! *FOUND SOLUTION !
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 06:41:48 pm »
I may have to try this fix also.   Something has changed for me as well.  The only things I've added lately are the PMDG 777 and the DX10 Fixer.  My GSX & Couatl work fine upon entering FSX.  I request refueling, boarding, etc and all work.   But then at some point in the process all the trucks disappear and Couatl is no longer listed in the add-ons drop down list.   Usually if I have a problem I go to the Add-ons drop down and restart Couatl but even that disappears from the menu.

I'm not sure how to get it back.  This occurs with any aircraft at any airport.  I read this thread and there has been no update to my anti-virus and as mentioned, GSX works fine initially anyway.  I don't think its a problem with GSX or Couatl, but something is causing it to stop and disappear.  I'm trying to pin down specific actions or things that I load that influence this behavior because other times I have no problem.  Strange.  I'm not sure if others are having similar problems or have experienced this but if you have please let me know. 

Appreciate any thoughts or ideas.   ???

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HELP, My FSDT sceneries not working anymore ! *FOUND SOLUTION !
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »
But then at some point in the process all the trucks disappear and Couatl is no longer listed in the add-ons drop down list.   

If you enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, there might be a Couatl.ERR file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder after the trucks disappear.