Author Topic: FS9 & FSX released together?  (Read 9608 times)

777captain

FS9 & FSX released together?
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:12 am »
I was jsut curious if when I buy JFK, will I get the FS9 and FSX version together or will I have to buy them separate ???  :-\

I think that Kappa, Alessandro and virtuali should think about Making two options of purchasing JFK.... : ;D

FSX and FS9 standalone

FSX + FS9 (of course the price will be higher :D)

Kiwiwanabe

Re: FS9 & FSX released together?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:20 am »
I was jsut curious if when I buy JFK, will I get the FS9 and FSX version together or will I have to buy them separate ???  :-\

I think that Kappa, Alessandro and virtuali should think about Making two options of purchasing JFK.... : ;D

FSX and FS9 standalone

Isn't that three options you're proposing?   ;)

Seems to me the package deal worked pretty well for Zurich and O'Hare, all Imaginesim's software since KCLT, Aerosoft's LHR and GAP2 series and all of the UK2000 XTreme packages. Evidently a pretty good sales/business model. Why the need for change there T7 Captain? No time to save a few bucks...these guys need incentive to make more packages....

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:42 am »

FSX and FS9 standalone

FSX and fs2004 will be available together at the same time.
The same activation will automatically work both.
This way, you don't have to decide which version to buy: you'll get both for the same price.

FSXForever

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:29:09 pm »
Good.  :D

thepilot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:39:08 pm »
Any estimate date for the release? I've heard about Friday...
And what will be the price for JFK? If possible with tax.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:50:06 pm »
The released date will be announced when the Beta is underway. Doesn't make much sense announcing a date without getting enough feedback from testers first. I can only confirm a simultaneous FSX+FS9 release.

The price will slightly higher than O'Hare, but we'll try to contain the price difference under 1 EUR. JFK took a couple of months more of work compared to O'Hare, so we think it's fair the price should reflects this. But the scenery is really our best yet, and well worth the wait.

The tax rate doesn't depends from us, it depends where you live. If you live in a country that has VAT (most of Europe), VAT will be added at the rate of your country of residence, otherwise not. US user wil not pay any VAT, for example. Also, European users living in a VAT country, but in possess of a valid VAT ID (all companies), can insert that in the buying procedure, to have VAT exempted.

Dimon

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:17:41 pm »
Ok...so my Friday's party will be ruined, right? ;D
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

777captain

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:49 pm »

FSX and FS9 standalone

FSX and fs2004 will be available together at the same time.
The same activation will automatically work both.
This way, you don't have to decide which version to buy: you'll get both for the same price.

Thanks for the answer Kappa, cant wait for the release! ;D

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:51:07 pm »
Usually the FSX version is released first (right)

then the FS9 version is added to the website

I am not sure but I think it is done to ease stress on the servers or something to that scale

the release of big sceneries causes some major stress on the internet servers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:27 am »
We always had separate servers for the FSX and FS9 version. As I've said already, the two versions will be released at the same time.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 04:15:50 pm »
We always had separate servers for the FSX and FS9 version.

I hope you're putting JFK on separate servers from O'Hare, otherwise once release day arrives, those babies are going down.  You've got a lot of antsy customers here, Umberto.  LOL   :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 04:33:11 pm »
We have a server for all FSX products and another one for all FS9 products.

The one with FSX is hosted by one of the better hosts in the US (the same used by Tom's hardware, for example...), so I doubt it will ever going down.

The one with FS9 products it's in Italy, and we JUST updated it last week with a new dedicated quad-core machine, in anticipation for the upcoming releases.