Author Topic: Ground Handler Selection  (Read 3167 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Ground Handler Selection
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:51:55 am »
Hello All,

Does anyone know of a way to select or customize the ground handler selection at airports in GSX (or if they can correlate in any way with the aircraft.cfg parking entries)? For example at Vancouver no matter where I am at the airport or which plane/airline I'm flying, it's always Air Canada handling, and I wanted to make it more of a generic handler, or tailored to the specific airlines in some way. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

Regards,

-DMac10121

Eisbahn

Re: Ground Handler Selection
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:11:33 am »
Have you tried reading the Manual?
Or even a forum search.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 11:04:01 am »
This was discussed many times on the forum, the airline code in the aircraft.cfg doesn't affect the ground operator, it would be wrong if it did, because you can't expect to have your home base operators following you everywhere in the world. Instead, the ground operator is related to the airport AND the airline codes of the PARKING. The manual and (more so) the PaintKit documentation, explain how the scoring system works.

The airline code of the aircraft.cfg, has a role, in the selection of the cargo pallet, they are more related to your own airline and, by doing so, we don't end up in funny situations like unloading different pallets than the one which were loaded. Of course, assuming your aircraft.cfg *has* an atc_airline_code to begin with, otherwise the selection will be based on the airport/parking too.

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:27:28 pm »
I did read the manual a couple of times, (and a forum search), but I must have missed those posts. Is there a way to make the handlers more generic without changing the BGL file?

Regardless, thanks!

-DMac10121

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 10:53:21 pm »
Thanks - I'm starting to look through, and I think I know now what to do. Thanks for the help! On an unrelated note do you know if the default pallets for the 777FX and the QWSim 757-F are the largest, as they seem small for the aircraft? I think they default to PALLET1 in the aircraft configuration manager.

Thanks!

-DMac10121