Author Topic: GSX, Tom Ruth's A300-600F and Hi-Loader  (Read 6744 times)

miata54

GSX, Tom Ruth's A300-600F and Hi-Loader
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:00:53 am »
I uninstalled V1.7.9.8 and installed V 1.8.
Checked Sim Objects/Misc and the Hi_loader was there.
Entered the proper coordinates for this door at Exit 2 in Customizing Aircraft. Height of the door is 4.8m
Opened GSX and called the main menu. Hit key 1 for Deboarding. Exited menu. Called it again and hit key 6, Reset.
Hi-Loader was no where to be seen.
Went to Customizing Airport Position and clicked Location tab. Hi-Loader did not appear anywhere as a moveable object. All other equipment was there for re-location.

What did I miss?  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX, Tom Ruth's A300-600F and Hi-Loader
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 11:27:55 am »
Entered the proper coordinates for this door at Exit 2 in Customizing Aircraft. Height of the door is 4.8m

Have you inserted an ULD code too ?

Went to Customizing Airport Position and clicked Location tab. Hi-Loader did not appear anywhere as a moveable object. All other equipment was there for re-location.

There's no dedicated "hi-loader" indication, it will appear listed just as cargo rear of front. If you don't see its arrow, it's likely you did some mistake editing that specific parking. Try to reset all vehicles to their default position, and see if all arrows appear.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »
Here is my GSX cfg file.

[aircraft]
nosegear = 16.95
refueling = 0
absoluteheights = 1

[exit1]
pos = -2.45, 17.8, 4.65, 5
code = 1
name = Main Exit

[exit2]
pos = -2.9, 13.7, 4.8
code = 3
name = Middle Fwd Exit
uldcode = AKE

[exit3]
remove = 1

[exit4]
remove = 1

[service1]
remove = 1

[service2]
remove = 1

[cargo1]
pos = 1.55 14.0 2.65 0.0
code = 2
name = Fwd Cargo Door
uldcode = AUTO

[cargo2]
pos = 1.55 -10.70 3.15 0.0
code = 2
name = Rear Cargo Door
uldcode = AUTO

I count 8 arrows for object placement with one of the arrows having no object present. I assume that is for the Hi-loader but it does not show. Any other suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:28:54 pm »
I count 8 arrows for object placement with one of the arrows having no object present. I assume that is for the Hi-loader but it does not show.

The screenshot you posted seems to show the loader, I can see some of it, behind the airplane tail.

An empty arrow usually means the associated door is turned off on the airplane so, you can still position the arrow (you are configuring the parking, another airplane might use the vehicle), but there will be no vehicle due to the currently selected airplane. Usually, the middle stair is always empty, since it's not used by most a/c.

The editor will tell you what arrow belongs to which vehicle in the top green text line, when you select between arrows.

miata54

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »
What you see is the regular loader just before re-positioning. I've attached some screenshots to help illustrate.

Shot 35 shows what I believe to be the regular loaders. Would you concur? There is a static large loader between the two Fedex aircraft and a airstair off to the right with some assorted boxes and such. These are static objects that Fly Tampa added to their KBOS scenery.

Shot 36 shows the two airstairs. The two regular loaders can be seen just below the aircraft fuselage in their assigned positions. Still no Hi-loader.

Shot 37 shows a blue circle with vertical arrow behind the left wing. No object. I think this is the Hi-loader but not absolutely sure. Just puzzled why it won't display. The blue circle would reflect that I have "no door" selected for exit 4.

Shot 38 shows the Hi-loader in my Sim Objects/Misc folder.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:57:40 pm by miata54 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:31:10 pm »
Shot 35 shows what I believe to be the regular loaders. Would you concur?

Obviously yes, that screenshot shows the loader positioned to a LOWER cargo deck so, since that is lower than 3.40 meters, it's absolutely normal a lower loader would be chosen.

Shot 36 shows the two airstairs. The two regular loaders can be seen just below the aircraft fuselage in their assigned positions. Still no Hi-loader.

The two airstairs are there because you haven't disabled the 2nd passenger door. And the two regular loaders are there on the right side, which means you haven't placed any of them on the left. Were you expecting the HI loader would be assigned to the location used by the 2nd stairs, "just" because the main cargo "seems" to act like a 2nd door ?

I believe you haven't fully understood how the GSX editor works.

First, there are TWO editors, and you are using the SCENERY customization editor. This editor ONLY set the initial STARTING position of the VEHICLES. It doesn't configure the airplane doors.

You must use the other editor, the airplane configuration editor, which doesn't have those orange/blue pointers, instead it has 3d arrows showing lateral, longitudinal and vertical coordinates of the doors.

Since you haven't shown any screenshot of THIS editor, which is what counts, I can't say what you did wrong, so I can only guess. As explained in many other threads, GSX supports ONLY TWO cargo loaders IN TOTAL. You just can't have two loaders on the right, and an HI loader on the left.

Which means, you should decide which one of the two cargo doors on the right will be used on the left side, and then MOVE its door, and ROTATE 180 degrees, so the green arrow that indicates the door orientation is pointing OUTSIDE, on the the left side of the airplane. It's usually best to use the *forward* cargo to be on the left side.

Now, after you have the correct config for the AIRPLANE, you might want or not use the SCENERY configuration editor, but it's not really necessary for the HI loader to appear (unless you configured the scenery to *force* the loader type on that parking spot to be a "BELT" type ), the HI loader will appear if the door's height is higher than 3.40 meters, the starting position defined in the SCENERY editor ONLY affects the PATH the loader will take to reach the door, not the loader type.

miata54

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:54 am »
OK, progress. You are correct. I did not understand how to move the Cargo1 door to the left side of the AC. That has been accomplished, however, the Hi-Loader still does not appear. Look at the attached screenshots for analysis.

The Lo-Loader appears at the former Pax 2 door assignment, which is now Cargo1. The height of Cargo1 (left side) is 4.90m, well above the minimum 3.40m.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »
however, the Hi-Loader still does not appear. Look at the attached screenshots for analysis.

Your 2nd screenshot shows the hi-loader in all its glory...and it is reaching the main cargo door just fine. The lo-loader wouldn't go that high, see the double scissors lift ? And, if you check the vehicle label, it reads FMC Commander 30i, while on the lower deck you should have the 15i

That's how the real FMC Commander 30i looks like:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:41:53 pm by virtuali »

miata54

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:09:56 pm »
My next request was going to be for you to provide a pic of each loader side by side so we could see the difference, but you just answered that!  ;D  From previous posts, I am glad to hear that you will be working on upping the total number of loaders present at one time in GSX, from 2 to 3.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:13:55 pm by miata54 »