Author Topic: What Is Happening Here  (Read 3380 times)

vc-10man

What Is Happening Here
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:03 pm »
At Fly Tampa's OMDB with the PMDG 777-200LR. When asking for GSX services, I have 2 loaders go to the same rearwards cargo doors; I have a request for Door Entry 2 to be opened when it is already open. And all I did was install the latest Nvidia drivers, and run Nvidia Inspector settings again. As I have been advised in another separate Forum on Avsim to ask any FSDT-cum-Couatl related issues here rather than in the current very hot topic running in that Avsim Forum, I'm complying with that advice.

When I tried to edit the aircraft doors, despite de-activating my joystick via Ctrl+K, I still got the 777 fly from its parked position to never-never land. Again, what gives?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:55:35 pm by vc-10man »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What Is Happening Here
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 06:21:03 pm »
At Fly Tampa's OMDB with the PMDG 777-200LR. When asking for GSX services, I have 2 loaders go to the same rearwards cargo doors; I have a request for Door Entry 2 to be opened when it is already open.

This has been discussed several times on this forum: if you see the door being referenced as "Entry 2", which is not the custom name we assigned to the PMDG 777, it means the GSX native support for the airplane is not working.

The most likely cause for this is that you created or downloaded a customization file for that 777 BEFORE we added support for it. This way, the (outdated) GSX.CFG is taking precedence over the native GSX support.

There's an obvious reason for having a GSX.CFG taking precedence over the native support: so you CAN further customize over the native support. But in THIS case, when a customization file was created before we added support for an airplane, it must be REMOVED, because is based on outdated data, but it will still take precedence nonetheless.

Be sure to do all the following:

- Be sure you are using the latest Live Update from GSX

- Check BOTH these folders for a GSX.CFG file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG 777  (remove the folder here)
FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777

If you have a GSX.CFG file in either folders, remove it and remove the PMDG 777 folder under %APPDATA%.

Finally, select "Restart Couatl" from the Couatl menu.

As I have been advised in another separate Forum on Avsim to ask any FSDT-cum-Couatl related issues here rather than in the current very hot topic running in that Avsim Forum, I'm complying with that advice.

And now that you posted here, once you'll try my suggestions and will obviously realized the problem didn't had anything to do with this, you've got ANOTHER (if this was ever necessary...) proof how false urban legends gets spread...

The issue is, there's a file for the 777 that can be downloaded here, but I didn't felt it was right to remove it, because it was uploaded by an user which obviously took some time to create it, but in fact, it shouldn't be used anymore now that we have native support for the PMDG 777.

I've also added this comments to the file thread:

Native support for the PMDG 777 has been added since a week or so, and it correctly recognize all the custom variables of the airplane so, there's no need to download a configuration file anymore, just update GSX with the Live Update feature, and remove any configuration files you might have downloaded.

But maybe you already had it installed before my post so, you might haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:23:38 pm by virtuali »