Author Topic: Just doesn't work  (Read 3087 times)

jetsmell

Just doesn't work
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:14:08 am »
Sometimes Couati is in the drop down, sometimes not. I think I have GSX installed because when I go down to the drop down manager in FSX and click on GSX there's no option to register, etc. JFK is still not there, I use

the serial
# supplied by this company and the pop up tells me that it's wrong. I click on Control + shift + f 12 and nothing. You pay for something and it gives you grief . I'm getting ready to pull my hair out, what to do !

pride545

• Beta tester
Re: Just doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:23:02 am »
try ctrl-F12, it might work!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 01:28:10 pm »
Sometimes Couati is in the drop down, sometimes not

This is likely caused by another product, most likely the antivirus, which mistakenly identified it as a threat, and blocking it.

- Download and install GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning

YOURFSXFOLDER\bglamanx.dll
YOURFSXFOLDER\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

I think I have GSX installed because when I go down to the drop down manager in FSX and click on GSX there's no option to register, etc.

If there's no option to register (the button is greyed out) and the Addon Manager says GSX is ACTIVE, then it's active.

JFK is still not there

What do you mean "still not there" ? Not there in the Addon Manager list of products ? Not there in the scenery ? What the Addon Manager says about it ?

I use the serial # supplied by this company and the pop up tells me that it's wrong.

What the popup says EXACTLY ?

It surely doesn't just say "it's wrong", it says way more, and there are different error messages about different mistakes you can do by inserting serial numbers or any other problems that might be related to activation (like firewall blocking it, etc.)

And, BTW, I assume you are now referring to JFK, do you ?

I click on Control + shift + f 12 and nothing.

You are now referring to GSX ?

But in any case, if you don't have the Couatl menu when you do that, that's the problem, nothing from FSDT will ever work if something in your system has blocked it, not JFK nor GSX.

You pay for something and it gives you grief

It's not possible to pay for something and THEN discovering "it doesn't work", because everything we sell, is sold in Trial version, and the Trial version is bit-by-bit IDENTICAL to the full version (there's no separate "full installer" and you don't have to download anything else when you register.

Since the Trial version is bit-by-bit identical, it's not possible you would discover that something doesn't work after having purchased it, because the reason to offer a Trial version in the first place, is that you can install and test it on YOUR system BEFORE purchasing it.

So, you are being given all possible chances to check if there's something in your system that is not compatible with our software, and you can decide not to purchase it, if you are not prepared to spend some time FIX IT.

That's why it's wrong to complain that something "doesn't work" and that you paid for it, when you are being given the easiest way to verify it DOES, before purchasing it.

Everything that you reported it, would have be possible to test with the Trial. JFK is available in Trial version, and GSX works in full with it without any registration.

Fact that GSX works for free at any FSDT airport, and that any FSDT airport is sold as Try-before-Buy product, is clearly advertised all over the web site, both on each and every page of every product, and on the FAQ page, and we have been using this system very successfully for the past 6 years, and people keep buying our products, which means:

- Users like the Trial option

- It MUST be good and, more importantly, surely WORKS, otherwise not many would buy the products, if we REALLY had a software that "doesn't work"