Author Topic: Pushback timing  (Read 2859 times)

hombrexp

Pushback timing
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:18:53 am »
Hello, longtime GSX user here.   I find it hard to improve upon a solid piece of software, but there is something I would like to suggest.   Can you modify the code so that when I call "Prepare for pushback and departure" while the passengers are still boarding, the boarding process is cancelled right away.   Sometimes, I am ready for pushback, but I cannot proceed until GSX finishes running its script.  I know that AES allows the user to cancel the boarding at any time.   

I know that I can adjust the timings in the GSX options, but it would still be nice to have this cancel on demand feature, as waiting for the process to end can be bothersome if I'm ready to go.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback timing
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:47:26 am »
Can you modify the code so that when I call "Prepare for pushback and departure" while the passengers are still boarding, the boarding process is cancelled right away.

Pushing the airplane while passengers are still boarding doesn't seem very realistic, it's best if you adjust the passenger boarding time to fit your preferences.

boilerbill

Re: Pushback timing
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 09:04:00 pm »
Why not use the 6 - Reset position selection on the GSX menu? Any previously-selected operations will be cut short, allowing you to jump directly to the pushback and departure. And it only takes 10 seconds.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium