Author Topic: couatl.exe appcrash at KJFKv2  (Read 4197 times)

jasonboche

couatl.exe appcrash at KJFKv2
« on: July 03, 2013, 03:12:58 am »
I just recently noticed a problem that when I load up FSX and start out at KJFKv2, I get a couatl.exe appcrash (version 2.0.0.2348) Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working.  It seems to work fine at all other airports.  I have disabled anti-virus real time scanning as a possible solution but that didn't help.  I enabled the Couatl.log which reveals this - perhaps this shows something useful for you?  The file is attached to this post.

Thank you in advance,
Jas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl.exe appcrash at KJFKv2
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:47:04 am »
Do you have a Couatl.ERR file too ?

And, are you using JFK 2.1 ? If not, download and install the update or the current full installer.

jasonboche

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
There was a Couatl.err file but it had a date stamp from last May and wasn't being updated each time couatl.exe crashed during last night's testing. Then I deleted the couatl.err file and it was never regenerated for future crashes.

Once at the KJFK airport, the only thing I can see are jetways and runways with no lights. There are no buildings, no ground signs, no taxways or lights.  Here I am taxiing out last night on what should be NorthEast Bravo towards Foxtrot on VATSIM.  ATC said I did a pretty good job for not having any lights or taxiways :)
http://boche.net/dropbox/2013-7-2_21-3-36-99.jpg

I wasn't aware there was a JFK 2.1 release. I checked my installer version and it states 2.0.1 (purchased and downloaded on April 30th).  I will go to the FSDT website and look for the updated version and try installing that.

Thank you for the help.  I will report back.

Jas
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:25:11 pm by jasonboche »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 10:20:27 pm »
I wasn't aware there was a JFK 2.1 release. I checked my installer version and it states 2.0.1 (purchased and downloaded on April 30th).  

We had a fairly large update in June:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8743.0

And sent the announcement too all registered forum users. It's strongly suggested you install it, because changes are significant.

jasonboche

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 11:04:32 pm »
Happy to report that it looks like the KJFK2.1 update fixed the issue.  I've launched FSX a few times now and went to the KJFK airport at various parking spots with no crashes.

Thanks FSDT team,
Jas