Author Topic: Set a handler for a specific airline  (Read 5920 times)

Douglas

Set a handler for a specific airline
« on: June 26, 2013, 01:44:37 am »
Hi guys

I did a mini-mod for Brazilians, a package with several operators handler operating in the airports here. But now we can not use operators of certain companies like TAM and GOL.

I wonder if it is possible to define an operator for a specific aircraft painting as TAM Loaders > A320 TAM... without touching the BGL of ALL brazilian airports. Whenever I'm using the TAM A320, the program will choose a handler that I set.

If there is not a way, here is my suggestion.
Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Set a handler for a specific airline
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:06:32 pm »
This was discussed many times on the forum, and of course is also explained in the manual. The choice of ground operators is NOT tied to your own airplane. It would be wrong if it did, because it would lead to unrealistic situations were you *always* find your own ground crew, in any place you fly, which is not the case, especially if you fly internationally.

Instead, the choice of operators is linked ONLY to the atc_airline_codes of the PARKING spot, which is the correct way of doing it, since ground operators are local to the airport so they are tied to the parking spots, and you are normally supposed to park to your own airline terminal or at least to a terminal your airline has a partnership with.

As explained in the manual, and more extensively in the documentation that comes with the PaintKit (which might be worth downloading even if you don't intend to paint, if only to read that documentation), there's a scoring system that assign a score depending on which airline codes the selected parking has, but in case of ties, the selection will be random between all candidates with the same highest score.

Douglas

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 02:29:09 pm »
I understand the scoring system, but GSX contains things that do not exist in real life as the stairs and baggage loaders of GOL. It could be much easier to define a handler for a certain plane, or leave this option to the user to choose whether to use or not.

Many scenarios that have freeware for Brazilian airports do not have the correct parking codes. This information is not found on the Internet by scenery makers. Even if they had the information, the scenarios are older than the GSX. So we have to upgrade ALL GSX scenarios that only works in a same way? If the GSX has things that do not exist in real life, I see no problem in letting the user who paid for the product using the handlers the way he wants.

The handler of TAM is found in all national airports, but how did new companies with couatl.icaoprefixes, it virtually disappears. After all, it is only offered to the airline TAM and no other. It is also unrealistic to see stairs TAM another plane that is not theirs, so why can not set correctly?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 02:41:59 pm »
I understand the scoring system, but GSX contains things that do not exist in real life as the stairs and baggage loaders of GOL. It could be much easier to define a handler for a certain plane, or leave this option to the user to choose whether to use or not.

As I've said, GSX doesn't relate the handler to the user airplane, both because it's just wrong, since the ground handler is something related to the SCENERY, and because many airplane don't use the atc_airline_code in the first place.

So, if you must edit something anyway, like your airplane.cfg, it's best having to edit what is suppsed to be edited, which is the scenery.

Many scenarios that have freeware for Brazilian airports do not have the correct parking codes

That's not a GSX issue then, it's a scenery issue, than can be easily edited using any of the available AFCAD editors out there, such ADE.

So we have to upgrade ALL GSX scenarios that only works in a same way?

It doesn't take much effort to edit airline codes for a scenery, also because it's possible using ADE or AFX to change several of them at the same time.

I see no problem in letting the user who paid for the product using the handlers the way he wants.

We'll have an update that will allow to select the ground operator, but from all candidates that are available to the parking.

The handler of TAM is found in all national airports, but how did new companies with couatl.icaoprefixes, it virtually disappears.

This sentence is not clear. Explain what you would like to do.

After all, it is only offered to the airline TAM and no other. It is also unrealistic to see stairs TAM another plane that is not theirs, so why can not set correctly?

It can be set more correctly, if you HAVE the correct information for a ground handler on that airport.

Add it with the Painkit, and give it more priority by assigning to it a 4 score in the ICAO and, eventually, reduce the score for TAM in that airport (only if it was already at 4), so TAM will not appear anymore there, and your selected ground operator will appear instead of TAM

Douglas

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:49:26 pm »
We'll have an update that will allow to select the ground operator, but from all candidates that are available to the parking.

That will solve everything.
Do you have a release date?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 09:45:17 am »

No, because there might be other things in the meantime.

We already scheduled to be the next update but, after the Majestic Q400 has been released, many users asked for it, that we had to postpone the manual operator selection in order to add support for cargo doors on the left, which still it's not 100% done.

But surely is something will come.

Douglas

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 05:50:59 am »

No, because there might be other things in the meantime.

We already scheduled to be the next update but, after the Majestic Q400 has been released, many users asked for it, that we had to postpone the manual operator selection in order to add support for cargo doors on the left, which still it's not 100% done.

But surely is something will come.

Thanks Umberto,
Looking forward to it

Scotty

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 04:55:57 am »
Hi Umberto,

any progress with this plan? An extra step in the menu if necessary?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »
Nothing new to add, but we'll surely take it into account for a future update.

Scotty

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 06:19:57 am »
Thanks for the prompt reply Umberto.

Scott