Author Topic: Possible Ideas???  (Read 4150 times)

kermitthebaron

Possible Ideas???
« on: June 16, 2013, 04:15:41 pm »
Hello, Just curious to see if you guys would ever be interested in doing KBOI or KSLC???  There are no showstopping versions of these freeware or payware.  I couldn't even find a realistic looking version of either of these two in freeware.  Just a suggestion for the future maybe if your ever interested in ideas for new projects, I would pay up front for these two right now!!!  I live in Columbus, Ohio and we have no good versions of KCMH.  Seems like everyone has done KCVG or KCLE.  Columbus is the capital of Ohio, and growing fast.  The state motto is "The Heart of It All."  I would pay up to $80.00 for a payware of this scenery (KCMH) that would work with MegaSceneryEarth Ohio 2.0, and know people that would do the same.  KIAH also a good idea for the future.  Well, thanks for reading my jibberish ideas,   kermitthebaron

P.S. - I've been trying to suggest to Aerosoft US Cities about doing a Downtown Columbus, Ohio - which has never been done by anybody.  If they decide not to, I'm going to learn scenery design to make one myself.  My grandparents were good friends with the Laveque's, they had the most recognizable landmark in Columbus, Ohio since 1927.  They were also friends with my great uncle Don Gilmore (R), controlled the Ohio Republican House in the 80's.  Thanks so much for making flight sim so much more fun!  Only have 4 FSDT airports left to buy and GSX, not sure I'm interested in XPOI for that price.  I need more airports to buy Umberto...  going to buy KFLL, But I thought I would wait until it gets overhauled/ Updated.  It needs more vegitation and surrounding buildings to look more realistic.  Will KFLL ever get a major update like KJFK???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible Ideas???
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »
We are already working on KIAH, but other than that, we'll continue the approach of doing both a new airport from scratch, and update the existing sceneries when the time comes so, after KIAH, the next likely release will be a KLAS major update.

While I understand your desire for new airports, we shouldn't forget that GSX has been our best selling product by far, having outsold all the sceneries we ever made, some with a 5:1 ratio. Which means, we'll likely have continue designing products with a "global" appear, not specifically related to a certain area.

kermitthebaron

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 05:22:33 pm »
Hello, Do you think you guys will majorly update KFLL?  I'm still going to purchase soon, just wondering.  About KIAH, is that probably 9 months to a year out?  Or somthing like that?  Also, have you ever thought about a "Gold Club" for people who have almost all of your sceneries and maybe get get extra promotions on upcoming products?  Is Cloud9 going to make any more US sceneries for FSX?   Thanks and sorry to be a pain in the neck,   kermitthebaron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:53:12 pm »
Hello, Do you think you guys will majorly update KFLL?

We consider every product worth of major updates, IF the real airport HAD a major change AND going in chronological order so, the oldest sceneries should be updated first, which is why we updated Zurich first, then O'Hare, then JFK, so the next one will be KLAS, and AFTER KIAH wil be released.

I'm still going to purchase soon, just wondering.

If you are holding your KFLL purchase because of that, simply don't. Both because even if we updated it after the KLAS updated, which will be updated after KIAH is released, it will take at least one year, but also because, if everybody "hold off" his purchase, because an airport would eventually be updated, we'll go out of business in the meantime, so you wouldn't have either version, updated or not...

About KIAH, is that probably 9 months to a year out?  Or somthing like that?  Also, have you ever thought about a "Gold Club" for people who have almost all of your sceneries and maybe get get extra promotions on upcoming products?

We did many times already, whenever we released a new airport, we usually gave discounts for users with many purchased products already.

Is Cloud9 going to make any more US sceneries for FSX?

Cloud9 retired from the flight simulation business since 2009, when we took over for their products support. Their owners are still well and alive, just doing something else.

kermitthebaron

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »
Thanks alot for the useful info, and no I'm not waiting for the update, still going to purchase, just wanted to know if it was going to be updated.  I can't stay away from FSDT products, they are too addicting!  Thanks for your help, some of the best support forums out there!  kermitthebaron

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
We are already working on KIAH, but other than that, we'll continue the approach of doing both a new airport from scratch, and update the existing sceneries when the time comes so, after KIAH, the next likely release will be a KLAS major update.

While I understand your desire for new airports, we shouldn't forget that GSX has been our best selling product by far, having outsold all the sceneries we ever made, some with a 5:1 ratio. Which means, we'll likely have continue designing products with a "global" appear, not specifically related to a certain area.

So no listing for KIAH under the backdoor section?  :)

If you need pictures of the airport.  I literally live next door to the airport.  I can defiately give you pics....again please include the plane spotting park just on the fence line at RWY 27
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

VitaminA330

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »
That really sounds good and makes sense. Looking forward for KIAH and a KLAS update. But...

Hello, Just curious to see if you guys would ever be interested in doing KBOI or KSLC???

...this is what I would really appreciate a lot for future projects too, even if I can't give you any pictures because I don't even live in America ;-)