Author Topic: Old terminals 2 and 3 and some "double" AI-Planes  (Read 5309 times)

Bert Groner

Old terminals 2 and 3 and some "double" AI-Planes
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:01:28 pm »
Hi all here!

In preparation of my review for FS MAGAZIN on KFJK 2.1 I wonder why the old Terminals 2 and 3 (this has been former called "Worldport" as a building for Pan American) - both southeast of Terminal 1 - are still active. Due to my informations from the web

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_International_Airport
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldport_%28Pan_Am%29

saying it has been closed at May 32rd, 2013 and will be demolished in 2015 and therefore it is no more part of the airport map with the airport's website:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airport-map.html

As I don't have any negative concerns about that because it looks vital (until is has been demolished and replaced by additional parking spaces for airplanes) I want to ask whether FSDT plans to "switch" these Terminals off in the future?

And at the old terminal 2's southern end I have some double parking AI-planes with V 2.0 and V 2.1 :

I've checked that there is no double AF-file with "only" Ultimate Traffic 2 2013 installed.

Any ideas here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Old terminals 2 and 3 and some "double" AI-Planes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:31 pm »
saying it has been closed at May 32rd, 2013 and will be demolished in 2015 and therefore it is no more part of the airport map with the airport's website:

Work on JFK V2 started many months before that so, it's fairly obvious we couldn't be fully updated with the real world situation when the scenery was released.

It's a general case of not always being able to follow every airport development. When O'Hare changed its runways, which is of course a way more important change than a few disabled parking spots, we released the update more than 1 year after the event, and we might have to do another update shortly. You just can't expect we'll always and constantly follow up every airport changes, especially when they are so small like this.

I'd say that, since the terminal will be demolished in 2015, it would be best to leave the parking spot active in the AFCAD, otherwise most users would believe there was some kind of problem, if they say the actual parking, without the ability to use it. If one is really disturbed by their existence, removing them from the AFCAD is really trivial.

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:45:01 pm »
I've since opened the AFCAD in ADE and removed the parking spots for T3 and decreased the parking radius for T2 so the heavies (presumably international flights) will go to the B concourse in T4. T2 is planned to remain in operation for the next few years at least so I think it makes sense to keep it active.

The only actual errors I've come across in the patch are missing taxiway signs for HB and that gates 3 and 7 at T4 have reversed gate signage on the ground.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Bert Groner

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:34:39 pm »
Hi Umberto and Wallace!

That's quite ok to me as I know for sure that a designer cannot be that sharp "in time" everytime. And as I wrote before it looks much better than seeing no traffic at this two terminals at all.

Will FSDT fix the parking lots as Wallace did and put in/change the signs as he mentioned before?

Thanks!

Bert

Bert Groner

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »
An addition:

As it is not easy to find parking charts for US-airports (if somebody knows a source please tell us here) I've had a look at Navigraph and found this for the old Terminal 2:

For Flight Simulations on PC only - not to be used for real life flying!

So I kindly ask to remove the three conflicting parking lots heading direct to the terminal (look at the picture in my post above) and change the ID's of the named spots from

25M in 25L
25H in 25J

23D in 23E
23C in 23D
23B in 23C
23A in 23B

..assuming Navigraph is right here  ???  ::)

Thanks a lot!

Bert