Author Topic: Any way to disable GSX p/b warning?  (Read 5755 times)

WebMaximus

Any way to disable GSX p/b warning?
« on: May 17, 2013, 07:05:56 pm »
I'm currently using a mix of GSX and AES and I prefer to have AES handle the p/b while GSX handle the boarding etc. When I'm about to p/b I get a very angry warning message from GSX I should immediately set my parking brake again.

Is there any way to disable this warning other than using the 'Reset position' command?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any way to disable GSX p/b warning?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 07:30:21 pm »
Sorry, no.

Could you please explain why you prefer to use AES Pushback ? The universal opinion is that GSX pushback it's one of its best features.

Maybe you tried on a tricky airport: GSX Pushback can be customized (not by users in this version) but if you would make an example of an airport and parking position you had a problem with, we might just customize the pushback there.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 07:49:15 pm »
OK, no worries though - I'll just have to remember then to 'Reset position' to avoid that angry warning message  ;)

Reason I prefer having AES handle the p/b is mainly for 2 reasons

1. I invested lots of money into AES compatibility for my airports, currently have about 25 of them

2. When I first got GSX at the time when it was released I remember the p/b didn't work that good at some of the gates at some airports. Can't remember out of my head which airport/gate it was but I do remember I had some building behind me and the GSX p/b truck drove me right into it  :o

I'm sure the p/b feature in GSX has been improved a lot since then and I also noticed now when I installed GSX again that it's possible to configure the p/b for each gate if it should be to the right, to the left or if you should be able to choose in what direction. Who knows...maybe I give the p/b in GSX another go at some time but for the time being I stick to AES when it comes to p/b since there everything is already "tailor-made" for each airport/gate and I guess that is pretty much what I pay for when I buy those AES credits needed to unlock airports.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 09:06:47 pm »
1. I invested lots of money into AES compatibility for my airports, currently have about 25 of them

They might still worth, if only to animate jetways for those 3rd party airports that don't have proper FSX jetways.

2. When I first got GSX at the time when it was released I remember the p/b didn't work that good at some of the gates at some airports. Can't remember out of my head which airport/gate it was but I do remember I had some building behind me and the GSX p/b truck drove me right into it

That's normal, GSX doesn't know anything about the surrounding buildings. You just took a borderline case, it's not that GSX pushback it's always like that...

I also noticed now when I installed GSX again that it's possible to configure the p/b for each gate if it should be to the right, to the left or if you should be able to choose in what direction

Yes, this is a first basic configuration option that is accessible to you without needing a customization file, and sometimes it fixes many problems. But on some parkings, the only chance is to have a fully custom pushback, which only we can provide, same as with AES, just that we don't charge for it...

maybe I give the p/b in GSX another go at some time but for the time being I stick to AES when it comes to p/b since there everything is already "tailor-made" for each airport/gate and I guess that is pretty much what I pay for when I buy those AES credits needed to unlock airports.

GSX can do both: it can work in an "automatic" mode, which works correctly for 95% of the situations and it can work in "tailor-made" mode too, to handle those tricky parkings in cramped spaces or usually inside "cul-de-sac" at the start of a terminal.

When we customize an airport, there aren't many of such parkings to fix, usually 3-4 per airport, and it's usually enough to give the impression that GSX is "fully tailor-made". So, it would have been helpful if you instead gave precise indications of which airport and which parking had this issue, so we might add a customization file for it.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 10:06:33 pm »
Thanks for your reply Umberto!

I know GSX won't cause these problems on all gates but only some and if I would have remember what airport/gate I experienced this problem I would have let you know but as I already said this was long time ago when GSX was just released.

The fact that you will make custom p/b where needed for free is very generous of you and if I decide to give GSX p/b another try I will sure let you know if I find any more gates where the p/b doesn't work correctly.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 11:02:59 pm »
The fact that you will make custom p/b where needed for free is very generous of you and if I decide to give GSX p/b another try I will sure let you know if I find any more gates where the p/b doesn't work correctly.

It might be helpful even knowing just the airport and the scenery used (default or 3rd party), problematic gates are usually easy to spot.

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 01:03:50 am »
I only fly to 3rd party scenery airports and these are the airports I currently fly to.

Aerosoft: EBBR, EDDF, EDDL, EDDT, EFHK, EHAM, ENGM, ESSA, HESH, LCLK, LEBL, LEPA, LFMN, LFPG, LGIR, LPFR, LSZH, LTAI

D.Chircop: LMML

Eiresim: EIDW, LEAL

Flytampa: LGAV

FSDT: LSGG

ScanSIM: EKCH

UK2000: EGBB, EGCC, EGLL
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 01:06:22 am »
Just thought I would let you know I tried the GSX p/b and it worked just fine!

However why I still prefer AES for p/b is I find the ground crew voices and instructions in AES to sound more  natural and true to life and please don't take this as negative criticism because that's not my intention. Just want to be completely honest and if I were you I would focus a bit on trying to make the ground crew dialogs more natural because everything else in GSX is really great!!

On my last couple of flight I've almost forgotten my FS2Crew FO and to run the preflight and shutdown checklists with him because I've been so busy just looking at the animations of the passengers bags being loaded/unloaded. Now if we only could get to see some PAX as well one day :-) I know it has been discussed several times before but I still think that would be one of the biggest things in a very long time in FSX to finally get to see the people you carry on your flights.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:31 am »
Just thought I would let you know I tried the GSX p/b and it worked just fine!

I had the suspect you didn't tried it enough, and probably got a trick bit

However why I still prefer AES for p/b is I find the ground crew voices and instructions in AES to sound more  natural and true to life and please don't take this as negative criticism because that's not my intention.

Well, it's obvious they don't sound "natural", they ARE synthesized! This was made for sound reasons: to keep a better uniformity between different messages, to ease the post-processing, and to make them easier to understand to non-native english speakers. I'm fairly sure if we used "natural" voices (=actual recordings of real life operators), nobody would understand much, same as when listening to live ATC: they surely sound "real", because they are, but they are very hard to understand by non native english speakers.

Well, your suggestion it's useful anyway, because sometimes we got into very complex issues that we believe are the real issues (such complex pathfinding, better animation, inverse kinematics simulations, crowd simulations, etc.) but sometime users notice first the really EASY things to do, so easy that we tend to keep it in the background, in order to do the "real" stuff first.