Author Topic: JFKv2 some gates missing  (Read 6516 times)

ca177

JFKv2 some gates missing
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:18:58 am »
Hi,

I've tried re-installing, but that did not help.
It looks like only half of the gate bridge is there. Can you check it?
A screenshot is in the attached file..

Thank you
Zicheng

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFKv2 some gates missing
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:24:40 am »
Jetways can be excluded only by an AFCAD file (or by AES, which uses AFCAD files anyway to exclude them) so, the only possible reason for missing jetways, is another AFCAD in conflict coming from another scenery, or AES.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find duplicates for JFK and remove them, or disable AES until it gets updated to support JFK V2.

ca177

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
Hi,
Actually I do not have AES, and did not install any other JFK. Could it be Ultimate Traffic 2?
Thanks.

Zicheng

ca177

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:56:35 pm »
Jetways can be excluded only by an AFCAD file (or by AES, which uses AFCAD files anyway to exclude them) so, the only possible reason for missing jetways, is another AFCAD in conflict coming from another scenery, or AES.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find duplicates for JFK and remove them, or disable AES until it gets updated to support JFK V2.
Hi Umberto,
I used the tool that you suggested. No duplicate for JFK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 12:17:23 am »

Are you missing only those (or just a few in the airport) jetways, or all jetways ?

ca177

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:59:08 am »

Are you missing only those (or just a few in the airport) jetways, or all jetways ?
All gone. I also checked your KLAX and CYVR, gates also gone. Strange enough. I saw the gates at CYVR before. So could be some addon conflict.

ca177

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:17 am »

After some investigation, the FSGenesis mesh is the problem!

bilookhan

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 06:21:46 pm »
Hi
I am also getting some gates missing from Terminal 5 and Terminal 8. I just purchased JFK V2.

I don't have FSGenesis and after using FSX Airport scanner I am getting these two files listed as duplicates:

KJFK_FSDT.BGL ---> File path: ...\FSDreamTeam\KJFK\scenery
appr_KJFK.BGL  ---> File Path: ...\FSDreamTeam\KJFK\scenery

I have deleted the old JFK from scenery library and moved those folders to a seperate location.

If someone can help that will be great.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 06:33:31 pm »
I don't have FSGenesis and after using FSX Airport scanner I am getting these two files listed as duplicates:

KJFK_FSDT.BGL ---> File path: ...\FSDreamTeam\KJFK\scenery
appr_KJFK.BGL  ---> File Path: ...\FSDreamTeam\KJFK\scenery

These are not obviously duplicate (we would't create a duplicate in our own folder!!), it's just that the approaches file is separated from the rest of the AFCAD, so you can choose to enable the canarsie approach or not.

I have deleted the old JFK from scenery library and moved those folders to a seperate location.

I can only confirm that missing jetways can only be excluded by another AFCAD in conflict. Not all of them might be found by that scanner, check if you have something coming from an AI traffic package.

Of course, this assumes you keep JFK V2 on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default.

Also, if you use AES, you can't use it until is updated to support JFK V2.

bilookhan

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 06:39:54 pm »
Thank you Umberto. Yes I have AES. I deactivated it for KJFK. And it is now working.

Its a lovely airport. My own litmus test was checking the night scenery and I had my jaws completely wide open by amazing work you guys have done.

Personally I would love to be your team's student as to how do you do these amazing work !!!

Thanks again.

PS: Could you guys please teach flytampa how to do DXB airport windows the way your team has done here (just kidding lolzz  ;D ;D ;D)