Author Topic: GSX reinstall in P3D  (Read 5538 times)

kolaf

GSX reinstall in P3D
« on: May 02, 2013, 07:52:06 pm »
Hi, trying to reinstall GSX after downgrading to Win 7.  I get the menus, and GSX works in trial mode.  When I click "reinstall", I answer yes for the reciept, and click OK.  Then nothing happens.  I get no window to enter the serial.  I also tried to add the serial to the registry "Software/fsdreamteam" and added string GSX with key.  This did not help.  I installed using P3D mode, and start P3D without migration tool.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX reinstall in P3D
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »
First, be sure you run Windowed mode, not Full Screen. Select "Register Serial" and the serial dialog should appear.

kolaf

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »
I am definately in windowed mode.  SAme for register serial, nothing happens when I click it, other than the addon manager closing.

Snippet from log file
Code: [Select]
Addon GSX loaded
Loading addon CYVR
Addon CYVR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK2
Addon JFK2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ENBR
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KSFO
Addon KSFO not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KPHX
Addon KPHX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Starting system monitors
Current locale is Norwegian (Bokmål)_Norway.1252
SharedMemInterface connected
GSX is in trial mode (state=0, activation=-25006)
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 0
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Section [contact_points] contains invalid data at entry point.4
Loading airport KNGU from G:/p3d/Scenery/0302/scenery/APX27180.bgl

kolaf

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »
Also, I get the same behaviour regardless of product selected in the manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »
Be sure you don't have another add-on that is "stealing" the focus, like online clients with chat windows. The registration dialog is probably there, but it's behind the main window. You can check if it's there, by pressing ALT+TAB

kolaf

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 09:49:05 pm »
Fancy that. It worked when the window is not maximized.  Running in windows, but maximized does not work, restoring to any smaller size shows me the serial entry box in the foreground :)

kolaf

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to bring up this whole topic again, but I am having exactly the same problem as last time. I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 and am trying to install GSX in Prepar3D 2.1.

Installation go smoothly and I get the Addon menu as I expect.  However, I am not able to register the serial number or reinstall the product through the add-on manager.  As before,  the box for entering the serial number does not exist. Reducing the size of the application window does not help. I have tried the registry hack by adding my serial number directly in regedit, but this does not seem to do anything either.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\fsdreamteam

With a string value called GSX containing my serial number.

Do you have any suggestions?

kolaf

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:27:21 am »
Never mind,  I finally fixed it by warping to a demo  airport. Suddenly the serial box appeared as it should :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 09:00:47 am »
However, I am not able to register the serial number or reinstall the product through the add-on manager.  As before,  the box for entering the serial number does not exist. Reducing the size of the application window does not help

Either you had another program stealing the focus, or you haven't launched P3D from its icon, in case you have another add-on that starts P3D. Another possible cause of this, could be if you use the P3D Migration tool, which hacks P3D to look like FSX, so the Addon Manager won't find the sim dialog box function call that is located in different .DLLs depending on the version ( FSX, P3D V1 or V2 )

I have tried the registry hack by adding my serial number directly in regedit, but this does not seem to do anything either.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\fsdreamteam

With a string value called GSX containing my serial number.

That won't work, because it should have added a *folder* named GSX, with a string named "SerialNumber" containing the Serial.

You don't have to do it manually, because when you activated it the first time, a .REG file was saved in your Home folder (the folder with your name under C:\Users ), so you simply had to double-click on it to recreate the registry. Of course, assuming you saved that file from the previous reinstall.

Never mind,  I finally fixed it by warping to a demo  airport. Suddenly the serial box appeared as it should :-)

That's strange but, possibly, it allowed to regain the focus which was taken by another background app.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:42:47 am by virtuali »

kolaf

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 10:22:20 am »
Thanks for the input. I try to keep this thread up to date so it will be easier for me next time i have to reinstall :)