Author Topic: KJFK V1 to V2 upgrade problem*SOLVED*  (Read 4654 times)

Slayer

KJFK V1 to V2 upgrade problem*SOLVED*
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »
I followed the instructions to uninstall JFK  before upgrading but now I have an error every time FSX starts

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (FsDreamTeam\JFK\SCENERY) in scenery Area.121 not found. Click OK to continue.

I tried rebooting after uninstall and made sure FSX wasnt running when I uninstalled the V1

I've looked at both scenry.cfg files the one in the users directory and the one in the FSX directory the areas stop at  .120 in both of them, the files aren't corrupted.

Not sure how to fix this as I've never had this error before. Note if I just go ahead and install the V2 version the problem remains. I've also tried uninstalling V2 nd putting V1 back in fresh. The error goes away until I uninstall v1 again.....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:08:58 pm by Slayer »

Dazzlercee

Re: KJFK V1 to V2 upgrade problem
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:58:41 pm »
Hi,

I had this problem and it was simply related to the original JFK scenery entry still being present.

Simply go to Scenery Library and delete the original JFK entry.

Daz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »
There was some problem in your scenery.cfg the JFK V1 UNINSTALLER wasn't able to deal with. Just remove the JFK V1 area manually.

Slayer

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:08:24 pm »
Used the scenery library in settings and deleted it. It reindexed and that fixed it. Thanks

and now I know why I couldn't find the right scenery.cfg it seems the one that needs a edit is in the users\allusers dir...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KJFK V1 to V2 upgrade problem*SOLVED*
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »
Under Windows Vista/Windows 7, the right scenery.cfg is under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX