Author Topic: Random Disappearing vehicles and Marshall Bodies! **SOLVED**  (Read 4162 times)

SgtMav316

Random Disappearing vehicles and Marshall Bodies! **SOLVED**
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:22:41 am »
I am not sure if this is a software issue (my FSX Settings) or a hardware issue (as in my graphics card). But randomly right after I land in this example at Fly Tampa Montreal. I call for the follow me truck and get a guy in a sitting position with the bar lights floating behind him. Then my sim crashes where I have to press ESC, click the fsx desktop logo to re-open the sim to continue the flight. Now the vehicle appears and I follow it to the parking zone. When I arrive at the parking zone I get a marshaller with no body just a head and waving arms. I also notice missing parts on the baggage vehicles. Then the bus to unload passengers arrives with no vehicle body and a floating bus driver.

A number of things are going on here and I cant pin down what is causing this. I think it may be a settings issue within FSX not displaying this properly all the time. I dont know if it is my graphics card showing signs of failing on me completely. I recently updated its drivers and it seems to have issues with only FSX. No issues in FS9 or Splinter Cell:Conviction and this is what makes me point more to a setting issue in FSX that may be causing the issue.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:48:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Random Disappearing vehicles and Marshall Bodies!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »
It's certain your problem is video memory corruption or exhaustion, due to wrong settings or tweaks.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 05:02:30 am »
 ???What do you recommend I set my settings to ???

System Specs

Windows 7 sp1
AMD Phenom II quad core processor 3ghz
1 GB Nvidia card
32GB Virtual Memory 16gb Physical

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:23:33 am »
???What do you recommend I set my settings to ???

Do all the above, and see if the problem is fixed first.

SgtMav316

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 04:05:36 am »
Looks like you got it man ;D Resetting to all defaults even  brought out better detail in FSX then my crazy tweaks that messed it up! Sadly the light bloom effect works great at night, but it makes the sun glare effect look horrible! But thats ok my only concern was getting GSX to work properly and now it appears to be working properly! lol maybe in another topic I can talk about my Dallas ft Worth test ! Seems the follow me car falls into those underpassess when you travel across the airport and pop up behind the aircraft! For a minute I thought GSX crashed. But then I saw the follow me vehicle....well following me instead for a minute ;D!! Sorry for the dark images, but it seems FSX is not a friendly night flying sim. My CaptSim B777 lights werent working for some reason (need to take that issue up with them, because I have had to install and uninstall, and reinstall this aircraft to get it to work right). But you can see what I am saying in the pics barely! But hey it is not a perfect world I can live with that little hick up! Thanks for your assistance once again!

Sam

SgtMav316

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 02:52:06 am »
This topic can be tagged as resolved and I do apologize to the FSDT crew. These issues just started occuring when I initially installed GSX. But when I noticed that these events were only occurring in FSX and not in other video games I played. I knew it had to be something else in FSX causing the issue and it wasnt GSX at all. It was my REX installation that was causing the issues. I should have read the REX manual (didnt notice it was inside the REX folder after you install it). I installed REX to the main FSX folder and doing so is what was causing havoc inside the sim itself. I uninstalled REX and properly installed it and now GSX is operating smoothly with no more of the before mentioned errors.

Process of elimination  :-X, thank you for atleast pointing me in the right direction to investigate what was going on in order for me to resolve it on my own. If anyone else were having these issues it may be some other software such as REX in this case that was causing the missing textures and strange anomalies with GSX and the scenery files!  ;D I am currently on REX site trying to resolve why the program does what it is suppose to do in FSX but the interface to alter its appearance is not working! But this is an issue for them to resolve. I thank the FSDT crew for looking into this issue and again helping me to focus on the source!