Author Topic: GSX .key file not found.  (Read 4588 times)

Sereda

GSX .key file not found.
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »
Hello, I buy GSX, but after installation I not find my KEY file in folder C:\Users\NAME
Now I want re-install FSX, and also GSX, where find this file?

Sorry for my english ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX .key file not found.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:25:17 pm »
The .REG (if you are referring to that one), is not created when installing. It's only created after a successful activation.

As explained many times on the forum, losing that file is not really a problem: it's NOT required to run GSX, it's ONLY a shortcut that can save you from *manually* typing your Serial Number, but the end result of it, it's that it's simply used to insert your Serial Number in the registry without manually typing it, but you can obtain exactly the same result by using the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager, type your Serial Number manually like any other program that use a serial number, and activate it.

After the activation, a new .REG file will be created in your Home folder ( the folder with your name that *contains* your Documents, Pictures, etc.) which, again, can be used the next time to reactivate without having to *type* the serial manually, that's the one and only purpose of that file.

Sereda

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »
I activated my GSX and read message that Key file was created in Home folder, but I not find it. Ok, I can find it in register and export to PC. Thanks for you help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:37:53 am »
I activated my GSX and read message that Key file was created in Home folder, but I not find it

It's surely there, unless some very wrong permission error in your system, is preventing to write into that folder for some reason, which shouldn't happen, since it's not normal you wouldn't had permission to write into your home folder. Another possible explanation, is that due to some compatibility setting you changed in your system, you are looking at a different Home folder OR the Addon Manager is tricked by Windows to write that file elsewhere, maybe in one of the Virtual Store folders (remapped folders when all file writes are remapped by Windows into a different place than the program is directing to).

.Ok, I can find it in register and export to PC. Thanks for you help.

That's exactly what the Addon Manager does: calls the standard Windows registry function to export the .REG file into the Home folder, asking to Windows itself where the Home folder is, and printing its name to you.