Author Topic: KSFO conflict with GSX  (Read 8507 times)

legitmv7

KSFO conflict with GSX
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »
I just installed Flightbeam's KSFO and now I can't access gsx via ctrl + f12. I only see the add-on manager under the add-on section. If I load up and any other airport, gsx works fine and the couatl pops back up under add-on. I tried reinstalling gsx and the addon manager after installing ksfo. Still no luck. Please help. I already checked the dll.xml file and there isn't anything wrong. bglman is at the top of the list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KSFO conflict with GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:08 pm »
I only see the add-on manager under the add-on section

That seems to be the problem, you are missing the Couatl menu. The problem surely doesn't have anything to do with KSFO but, most likely, the fact you installed a updated Couatl, triggered some kind of a problem, usually it's the antivirus.

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

legitmv7

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:33:07 pm »
Don't have an antivirus software installed and I just tried your suggestion, same issue. fsdt add-on manager is there but still no couatl menu/gsx at ksfo

EDIT: Now I don't have GSX at any airport.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:38:54 pm by legitmv7 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:39:09 pm »
Don't have an antivirus software installed and I just tried your suggestion, same issue. fsdt add-on manager is there but still no couatl menu/gsx at ksfo

EDIT: Now I don't have GSX at any airport.

If you don't have the Couatl menu, nothing from FSDT or Flightbeam will work.

Have you been *asked* permission to run the Couatl program AFTER you made the complete procedure explained above ?

Are you using the *current* GSX full installed ? If not sure, download it again.

legitmv7

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
Yes I downloaded the one on the site again today and I did accept the permissions for add-on manager and coautl. I don't know what else to do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:01:47 pm »
you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your install:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

legitmv7

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 10:12:21 pm »
Here you go..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »
Here you go..

I'm still convinced the problem is that something in your system (antivirus, antispyware, etc. ) that is blocking the update of the Couatl.exe, because you diagnostic log shows are running the 2337 version.

As you might have noticed, the Couatl.exe is downloaded online when the installer starts, and the only version we have online now is 2348 so, if you internet connection is working, it's not possible not to get it, unless there's something which is blocking the download. The current version of the Couatl.exe is required by the current version of the Addon Manager and both are automatically downloaded by all the installers.

Be sure you don't have any antivirus or firewall program that is blocking the current Couatl.exe from being downloaded and installed, the repeat the above procedure.

legitmv7

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:27 pm »
Like I said before, I did what you said and reinstalled gsx. It worked fine but whenever I load up at KSFO, the couatl menu disappears and then it just stays that way unless I reinstall gsx again. GSX works but not at KSFO. I'll just remove Flightbeam's scenery.

CBennett

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »
Hello Gents,

I am not sure if i should have started my own topic about this but it seemed fitting to re-open this one instead since the problem seems to be the same.

I too am having problems only with SFO though

I start FSX at JFK ORD LAX or FRA or any default Airport and GSX works fine. I start my flight and as soon as I load KSFO it shuts down couatl.exe from running processes.

attached find my logs of simconnect one loading KSFO with the Trike and one Loading JFK with the Trike.

Now i have done what has been suggested numerous times to no avail.

Hoping for a solution

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »
I too am having problems only with SFO though

I start FSX at JFK ORD LAX or FRA or any default Airport and GSX works fine. I start my flight and as soon as I load KSFO it shuts down couatl.exe from running processes.

Your log shows that KSFO objects are not installed, so there was an error on their creation. But this shouldn't create any problems, except you won't see buildings at KSFO.

Which version you use ? The one downloaded from Flightbeam, or the Aerosoft CD version ?

In any case, try to install GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do.

CBennett

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »
FlightBeams SFO not the one from Aerosoft.

I will try to reinstall SFO and then GSX once again and see if that helps.

Hor1463

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 08:16:52 pm »
Hi nice to here. I have the same problem yesterday. I also have to reinstall gsx. Maybe there is a conflict with KSFO.
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:48 am »
Hi nice to here. I have the same problem yesterday. I also have to reinstall gsx. Maybe there is a conflict with KSFO.

There's no conflict with KSFO, but be sure you install GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the last thing you do.

brucek

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 04:37:14 am »
Can any of the above posters confirm that uninstalling and re-installing GSX and/or the Addon Manager enabled GSX to work with Flightbeam KSFO?

Thanks, Bruce.