Author Topic: GSX stops working in game. HELP!!!!!!! **SOLVED**  (Read 17277 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stops working in game. HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 07:09:52 pm »
Then I'm sorry, but I can't think of any other reason for vehicles disappearing after a few seconds, the FSUIPC was the only reported case.

Does other vehicles from GSX work, for example the Follow me ?

Physics70

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »
Sorry this took so long.  No.  Follow me does not work either.  Now they dissapear from airports the Wizard did not even touch.  :o(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:08 pm »
I'm sorry, but can't replicate it in any way, nobody has ever reported it before, and the few similar cases were all caused and fixed by the FSUIPC thing.

Physics70

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:52 pm »
Do you think a removal of GSX and re-install might do the trick?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 09:15:47 pm »
Do you think a removal of GSX and re-install might do the trick?

You can try that.

Physics70

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 03:13:25 pm »
OMG I found the issue.  Traffic 360 was doing it.  Evidently it adds some ground traffic that was causing a conflict.  thoughts?

Physics70

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 03:30:50 pm »
Your thoughts?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8135.0;wap2

There seems to be a conflict with Traffic 360

Physics70

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 03:39:47 pm »
Ok. so i tried disabling the traffic ground scenery.  That did not work.  I tried deleting the traffic scenery in FSX.  That did not work.  GSX only works if I uninstall Traffic 360.  Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 09:12:18 am »
GSX only works if I uninstall Traffic 360.  Any suggestions?

Uninstall Traffic 360. Or, probably better, asking in their support forum why GSX works normally, until you install their program.

This is what most people would probably do here, it they found a case when, installing GSX, would stop another add-on from working.

An educated guess might be, their products is doing something to "clean" up parking spots for some reasons, perhaps to reduce AI congestion, and it's not correctly filtering non-airplane vehicles as it should, so it can't make out ground service vehicles from airplane vehicles.

Physics70

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 02:12:25 am »
Ok.  Between you and them I figured it out.  FYI.  When one installs Traffic 360 in FSX in puts in a BFG file called JFTraffic_PushBack.  It conflicts with the FSX vehicles_airport files.  So I had unchecked the scenery in the add-on database for scenery and then I removed the JFTraffic_PushBack file from the  Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.  Just to make sure I did a fresh install of both before I performed the procedure.  Thanks for all of your help. 

Physics70

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »
Hello.  I know we talked about this a long time ao.  My problem still exists.  I thought I fixed it.   try to enable my GSX at the gate.  Then, it appears then disappears.  The menu opton for GSX also goes away from the FSX menu.   am sooo upset.  I love GSX and i am so missing out.  Can we try to fix this.  Has anyone else had this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 09:16:11 pm »
Can we try to fix this.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Nobody else ever reported it. Traffic 360, like other traffic products out there, comes with their own AFCAD files made for the default airports that conflicts with add-on airport, so they must be removed in order not to have misplaced AI airplanes.

But, if in addition to cause misplaced AIs, those AFCADs also contains errors, it's possible they might cause issues in GSX too. Try to disable every additional AFCAD that comes with Traffic 360, and see if change anything.

Physics70

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 12:06:27 am »
Hi,

thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I uninstalled traffic 360 about eight months ago. So I'm not sure if there any AFCAD still in their. The strange thing is, if I uninstalled GSX and traffic 360 then reinstall GSX, GS X works the first time you use it. But if you try to use it again then it goes back to saying the same thing. I will try to disable some of the AFCAD to see if that helps. However, are you pretty sure that this is a problem of a conflicting AFCAD?

Physics70

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 12:57:25 am »
Ok.  When I disable airport_objects.bgl GSX works.  However all of the Jetways are gone.  What do you suggest

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 05:34:04 pm »
Ok.  When I disable airport_objects.bgl GSX works.  However all of the Jetways are gone.  What do you suggest

Perhaps that file is corrupted. Try to to restore it from the original FSX DVD. GSX obviously works with it. In fact, it *needs* it, otherwise you will lose jetways at all default airports, amongst lots of other things too.