Author Topic: I cannot register GSX in P3D, can you please help me?  (Read 10546 times)

Jeroenp

I cannot register GSX in P3D, can you please help me?
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »
Hi all,

I have a problem with registering GSX in Prepar3D.
Yesterday I bought GSX and installed it. When I try to register I receive the message to put P3D in windowed mode.
But P3D is already in windowed mode.
So then I tried to put it in full mode and going back to windowed mode, but still keep receiving same message which is saying that I have to go to windowed mode.
Can you please help me? I’ve searched the forum but find only one topic about this but this is not mentioning a solution.
Many thanks your help!

Grtz,
Jeroen

Jeroenp

Re: I cannot register GSX in P3D, can you please help me?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »
Hi,

Just tried to uninstall & reinstall again, but same message is coming back when trying to register!
As you can see on the picture, I certainly am in windowed mode but seems GSX doens't recognize this.
Is there any other way to register this product?

Any help would be appreciated a lot, with thanks!
Grtz,

Jeroen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can't replicate this, registration and detection of windowed mode works just fine here.

The only possible explanation is:

- You don't have P3D 1.4 correctly installed ( it's enough just the Prepar3D.EXE is not the correct version )

OR

- You don't have the current version of the Addon Manager that supports P3D 1.4. In this case be sure to install GSX with the antivirus disabled and with any firewall disabled OR download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Jeroenp

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:53 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can't replicate this, registration and detection of windowed mode works just fine here.

The only possible explanation is:

- You don't have P3D 1.4 correctly installed ( it's enough just the Prepar3D.EXE is not the correct version )

OR

- You don't have the current version of the Addon Manager that supports P3D 1.4. In this case be sure to install GSX with the antivirus disabled and with any firewall disabled OR download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

This is really strange...
It's a clean install I did from P3d. My PC is formatted last week, and therefore I switched from FSX to P3D.
I bought version of P3D last weekend and installed everything as administrator.

Just checked your website and downloaded latest version of Addon Manger.
When trying to register I still keep on having same problem, P3D is asking to put in windowed mode but I am already in windowed mode.

Isn't there any other solution to register the product?
I know this is quite anoying and I really don't want to bother you but I've bought the registration key yesterday, but actually I can't unlock GSX!

I hope there is another solution available.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:02 am »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm this doesn't happen. I've checked yesterday (not that I wasn't sure, but I always check when a problem is reported) and there are no problems: the Addon Manager correctly gives the message when P3D is in Full Screen, and the registration dialog correctly appears when P3D is in Windowed mode.

Are you sure you are not using those FSX-P3D "migration" utilities that play with the .exe version numbers, so the Addon Manager is confused about what product is really running, so it's looking into the wrong memory address to detect the Full screen mode ?

In any case, if you have FSX, the easiest solution would be registering with FSX.

If you don't, you can create a registry key for your serial number in this way:

- Open REGEDIT

- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software

If there's an fsdreamteam folder, just enter there. If there isn't one, create a new Key named fsdreamteam

- Enter the fsdreamteam key and create a new String value named GSX and put your Serial Number as its value.

Close REGEDIT, when P3D launches, you should see a request to activate the product. Note that, while this solution will activate GSX, I can't guarantee everything will work correctly, because fact that the Addon Manager couldn't detect Windowed mode, might be an indication of a larger problem with your P3D installation.

chantelon

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 11:48:36 am »

Do not know if this is right place to expose my problem. When I install the program exits an error window "when creating patched-airport vehicles, restoring backup now!" I have turned the game. but I have no idea how to make it work. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:25:17 pm »
Do not know if this is right place to expose my problem. When I install the program exits an error window "when creating patched-airport vehicles, restoringbackup now!"

The installer doesn't exit, surely not for that reason, and that's not really an error message, it's just an alert saying that the installer couldn't patch your default airport vehicles (to get rid of the default pushback truck).

A possible reason for this, is that you used the P3D Migration Tool, which should be turned OFF when installing, otherwise the installer will be fooled into installing for FSX, so it tries to patch the default airport vehicles file in the wrong way.

Since all our installers are 100% P3D aware, any program that fools installers made for FSX only to run into P3D, should be disabled with our installers.

chantelon

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 12:06:45 pm »
Gracias

Ifikratis

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:21:26 pm »
Hello,

I am having the exact same problem...

I have installed P3D 1.4 in a clean windows installation and the GSX installer without using the migrator tool witch I own but cetrainly not used during installation.
I then uninstalled GSX and reinstalled (again without the migrator tool). I still get the same window mode message and cannot activate besides the fact that I use window mode.

I did the registry suggestion but no result. Again the same message.
This is really frustrating..I cannot understand how uninstalling GSX doesn't solve the problem.  ???
Please I need your help because I cannot register and use my GSX product!

I am looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards,
Kamenidis Ifikratis

EDIT: I would like to add that during the installation, reading the text running above the compeletion bar I read the text ''Python support file XPOI....was not installed"
where the dots (....) is file addresses running. Besides that the installation is normal as far as I understand and completes. P3D and installers are always opened as an administrator.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:29:52 pm by Ifikratis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:38:28 pm »
I am having the exact same problem...

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm this doesn't happen. I've checked several times (not that I wasn't sure, but I always check when a problem is reported) and there are no problems: the Addon Manager correctly gives the message when P3D is in Full Screen, and the registration dialog correctly appears when P3D is in Windowed mode.

Are you sure you are not using those FSX-P3D "migration" utilities that play with the .exe version numbers, so the Addon Manager is confused about what product is really running, so it's looking into the wrong memory address to detect the Full screen mode ?

I have installed P3D 1.4 in a clean windows installation and the GSX installer without using the migrator tool witch I own but cetrainly not used during installation.

There's no other explanation than the migration tool left some trace of its use, even if it wasn't active. That would be the only possible explanation why the Addon Manager thinking is running into a different sim, most likely FSX.

This is really frustrating..I cannot understand how uninstalling GSX doesn't solve the problem.  ???

It's fairly obvious why you don't solve the problem by uninstalling/reinstalling GSX: the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX so, keep working on it, will only lose your time, since the problem is caused by something else, most likely the migration tool, so you should work on that one instead.

Please I need your help because I cannot register and use my GSX product!

You can't register your product because some other external product has altered your P3D configuration, so it's not running correctly as it should.

Do you have FSX installed too ? If yes, you could simply register from FSX: the activation is NOT stored in the sim, it's stored in your Windows registry so, as long as you have both P3D and FSX running on the same Windows installation, you can share the same activation.

EDIT: I would like to add that during the installation, reading the text running above the compeletion bar I read the text ''Python support file XPOI....was not installed"

This has been explained many times already on the forum, and it's NOT an error: it simply a progress indication, saying that the updater is skipping the update of support files for products you don't have installed.

Ifikratis

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 08:40:34 pm »
Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that you may cannot reproduce this problem but it happens indeed.  :'(
I just uninstalled GSX and the migrator tool software and installed GSX again. No result, the same message appears prohibiting me from activating GSX.
As you are the author of the software I would like to ask you whether there is any other way to register GSX without the interface inside P3D.
I tried your registry editor method but with no positive result. I don't get any activation message when I start P3D after that.
I would like not to uninstall and reinstall P3D as I have already installed many add-ons witch is very time consuming...
An installation of FSX would be easier but I fear of any other conflicts I may create with the migration tool.
I am sure that when GSX was installed the migrator was not in use..
Any suggestion would be very much appreciated as I am out of ideas here...

Ifikratis

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:04 pm »
Ok..forget about it sir. I did a format.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:39 am »
Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that you may cannot reproduce this problem but it happens indeed.  :'(

It's happening to you and only to another user who, guess what, had used some migration tool.

I just uninstalled GSX and the migrator tool software and installed GSX again. No result, the same message appears prohibiting me from activating GSX.

That means the migration tool has made some changes to your P3D.EXE

As you are the author of the software I would like to ask you whether there is any other way to register GSX without the interface inside P3D.

I've explained two alternatives already: one using FSX for registration, and another using the registry directly.

I tried your registry editor method but with no positive result. I don't get any activation message when I start P3D after that.

This means you have made some kind of mistake creating the registry key.