Author Topic: assign a specific airlines service  (Read 3562 times)

Mika

assign a specific airlines service
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »
Hello :-)

Is there a way that the GSX service is always done by Ryanair?

I already tried to assign the parking spots in the afcad to Ryanair (RYR) but that doesn´t help. What more is to do?

Thank you,
Mika

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: assign a specific airlines service
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:53:12 am »
I already tried to assign the parking spots in the afcad to Ryanair (RYR) but that doesn´t help. What more is to do?

If one or more airlines have the same score (full 4 characters of ICAO and airline code in the parking), you'll have to remove them as well from the AFCAD, otherwise they all get equal chance to be selected.

Mika

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:50:54 am »
Thanks,

I think I need a little more help here. How can I remove the other airlines? In this case I´m talking about Treviso (LIPH) in Italy. This airport is used by Ryanair and Wizzair and only a few more other airlines. Most of the time I have service by Alitalia which doesn´t use this airport or very very seldom.

On the pic you can see what I did with the afcad. I only assigned the parking spot to RYR but never have service by Ryanair!?

Thank you for your help!

http://www.abload.de/img/tsfskj8c.jpg
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:41:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 02:46:28 pm »
You should really read the Paintkit documentation, even if you are not interested to creating your own repaint, because it describes in greater detail compared to the GSX normal manual, how the parking scoring system works.

It's not enough to assign an airline to the parking, before an airline can even get a chance to go there, it must be assigned to the airport first, and this is done by adding the ICAO code of the airport in each of the GSX vehicles SIM.CFG files.

In your case, since Alitalia has probably a score of 2 at LIPH (since its vehicles have a LI specification), it would be enough to add LIPH to Ryanair, without having to edit any parkings.

You need to edit parkings if there's a TIE, between two or more operators with a score of 4 (full ICAO code matched), in THAT case, the parking code will give a preference boost to the companies that match the parking.

Mika

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »
Thanks again

I wasn´t aware of the paintkit documentation or in other words I had no association between my issue and the paintkit so I only read the GSX manual. Will give it a try

Mika