Author Topic: Parking Brake Alternative  (Read 2887 times)

JTaylor801

Parking Brake Alternative
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:31:52 am »
Hello,

I attempted a search but didn't find an existing post covering this question.  The VA I fly for uses an FSACARS application which detects the start and end time based on when the parking brakes are released at the departure airport and when they are applied again at the arrival airport.  Since the pushback feature in GSX requires the parking brake to be set just after pushback, this causes FSACARS to think the flight has ended.

Is there a way for GSX to not require the parking brake after push back?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jerry
COO American Virtual Airlines
https://americanva.net/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Brake Alternative
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:52:28 am »
The VA I fly for uses an FSACARS application which detects the start and end time based on when the parking brakes are released at the departure airport and when they are applied again at the arrival airport.

Parking brakes is part of a correct real world Pushback procedure, so GSX should be allowed to use it.

Is that application, instead, that should use a different method to detect the start or the end of a flight, like a menu with option to tell you have started/ended a flight, otherwise you are going to have problems with any situation that requires using the parking brake as part of a real life procedure.

oz10tashus

Re: Parking Brake Alternative
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:36:04 pm »
I would suggest clicking on the start flight button in FSACARS immediately after you set the parking brake after pushback. ;)
Cheers,
Paul