Author Topic: New Poll or No Poll this time around  (Read 10094 times)

cowings1588

New Poll or No Poll this time around
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:48:49 pm »
If there is going to be a Poll, My vote is of course for IAH 100%

Next would be for EWR 95 % behind IAH..
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Poll or No Poll this time around
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:51:04 pm »
Well, that's nice for you, because those are both very likely candidates, I'd say on top of our very short list of choices. But in the near future, we'll work on updating older airports, with JFK being the first in line.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:22:05 pm »
Either one of those airports would go great with the new Majestic Q400 coming out.
John Bauer

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »
Another developer told us on their forum that doing Houston would exhaust their resources and force them to shut down.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:42:26 pm »
Another developer told us on their forum that doing Houston would exhaust their resources and force them to shut down.

Yep! Seems to be the perfect job for us. ;)

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:35:02 pm »

Let's not be silly now, I think I speak for all Flight Simmers that KPGD would be the best option ;). No but seriously I agree KIAH would be fantastic.

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:08 pm »
I'm ready for a much more livelier Houston IAH than Blueprints version... Yea for right now BluePrints version is doing ok for me but I'd much more rather come into an Airport thats as lively & looks more realistic with moving Monorail & buses moving around & Jetways able to pull up to my aircraft rather than just stand there & do nothing... Windows on the buildings shine from the sunlight.. Yea.. A much more livelier IAH like DFW is what I'm looking for than boring Blueprint version that I'm running off of right now.. True Blueprints version when they made it was exciting at the time because didn't have much to choose from & finally had a IAH for FSX but now others have been profecting the much HD version of airports & making Blueprint look silly for standing still & not wanting to work with AES in getting the jetways to operate.. I'm ready to move to much more HD type version of IAH & the way PHX turned out for FlightBeam..  Besides I'm missing a gate at current BluePrint IAH.. C-39 is missing it goes from 38-30 missing gate C-39 all together.. Plus there redoing the B concourse to make it look more modern type terminal at B which is express concourse in IAH.. Perfect time to redo IAH into a HD type airport & give Houston what it deserves..  :)

Than next like I said I'm all for someone doing KEWR, however I believe Imaginesim still plans on renewing there KEWR & they've been doing pretty awsome with there scenery too lately making the glass look more real & appealing so I'm kind of anxious for them to renew there's & see how it turns out & imaginesim unlike blueprint does work with AES on getting there jetways to work so, i'm really anxious for them to renew there KEWR into FSX & see how it comes out..  ATL which is there product turned out really great, haven't been there in awhile but plan on doing the route, probably after I do Vegas within the next 2 days. So I'm really expecting good things to come out of there KEWR when they do decide to redo it for FSX.. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:46:48 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 10:02:45 am »

Let's not be silly now, I think I speak for all Flight Simmers that KPGD would be the best option ;). No but seriously I agree KIAH would be fantastic.

Yeah I am all for KIAH as well. I would probably skip getting EWR since its so close to JFK and I dont need to load such a FPS heavy area down with another large hub. Been using BluePrints KIAH for some time now and would really love to have a nicer version of it since it makes for a nice little NGX flight from KDFW.

Although that being said, when it comes to airports that are fairly close to each other I still wouldn't mind FSDT doing KMIA. The LatinVFR version looks nice but it really hard on FPS even after having spent a lot of time doing my own modifications to it to squeeze more FPS out. Although in all fairness to LatinVFR, they said they are going to work on an update to it after KSAN is done.

Another good one would be KPDX to fill the void of the old FlightZone version that never made it to FSX.

cowings1588

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 10:36:51 am »
Yea KPDX is a good one to keep in mind for future time.. I remember having KPDX from that company & that was good scenery at the time for FS9 from them for PDX.. 

Speaking of KSAN.. Its already been done, I found it on simmarket.com some company called Divinci something another just did what looks like a real good version of KSAN..

Also getting back to Houston IAH.. NEWPORT who does outskirts or landclass scenery, just released Houston scenery for like outside  the airport kind of like what they have for MCO, where it covers the land outside the airport.. How nice it would be for FSDT to make a real nice HD IAH to go with the newly released Houston Newport scenery landclass for outside the airport for upon approach, making the Houston area look real on your way into A much deserved HD style KIAH..  :)
COA
Bill

windshear

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 11:17:37 am »
Great news! You are the one to take on the big airports!

JFK will look amazing after your update! Can't wait!!

I think your airports only get better and better as does the fps?! How is that possible anyways?  ;)
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 11:27:58 am »
I think your airports only get better and better as does the fps?! How is that possible anyways?  ;)

Because we are trying to rely more and more on the GPU, by using shaders extensively, and making the scenery in a way that can be sent to the GPU as fast as possible. And, since video cards are getting faster and faster every month, and are far easier to replace than the CPU (which usually involved replacing the mainboard and ram too), the trend is getting in our favor.

windshear

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 11:04:58 pm »
Good to hear! Can't wait to see JFK get a facelift!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

B777ER

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56:38 pm »
Very fond of IAH....would love to see that as well. EWR would be next as well for me. Seems these two giant hub airports are among the glaring holes in the FSX scenery map. To a lesser extent would be KSLC.
Eric

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 07:34:01 pm »
Is Las Vegas on the list after JFK for a update to the AFCAD and termainal update since termainal 3 is up and running near termainal D?
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

cowings1588

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 11:42:42 pm »
I just purchased Houston scenery for outskirts of the airport from NEWPORT who also did scenery for Orlando which I have for the city of Orlando outside the Airport.. So now once FSDT does Houston IAH, It will look more like the real Houston City on the approach into IAH & then of Course the HD version of KIAH Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport..

Go ahead & do the facelift to JFK, I'll be waiting Patiently for KIAH to be done by you guys.. I know KIAH will look great.. Also by doing KJFK will give the real IAH time to build the new B concourse which you can include in your scenery when you do get around to doing KIAH.. Last I seen anything on it, they already tore down one of the round old Terminals on the South Concourse which where this new B Terminal is being built & suppose to make it look more modern..

I just now having this new city scenery for IAH from Newport will really give going into the future KIAH HD from FSDT will look awsome once its done someday..  I can't wait to check it out when I fly back to IAH from LAS either tonight or tomorrow if I don't get too it tonight..  Should look pretty sharp, i know it looks pretty life like going into MCO especially with CLoud9 Orlando..  :)
COA
Bill