Author Topic: FSX Error  (Read 15525 times)

mike81

FSX Error
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:04:00 am »
Hi,

I recently purchased the full version of GSX.

Im having issues running it alongside EZDOK. When I launch FSX I receive a fsx process not found =0 error.

The only way im able to start FSX successfully is by removing these lines from my dll.exe file -

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Once this has been removed FSX starts correctly, Could anyone suggest any suggestions to fix the issue without removing these lines, Thanks
Mike.

Specs - I7 2600K o'c 4.6Ghz - Nvidia GTX 680 - 8g DDR3 Ram - OCZ MAX IOPS 120g SSD - Windows 7 x64 bit - 1920*1080 Res -

boilerbill

Re: FSX Error
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:09:26 pm »
I think the file is dll.xml, isn't it? If so, PMDG has posted a very good discussion about this file and possible fixes at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx. You don't need to own any PMDG aircraft to access the help file.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
Im having issues running it alongside EZDOK. When I launch FSX I receive a fsx process not found =0 error.

That's an error message coming from EZDOK. It seems it can't find FSX.

The only way im able to start FSX successfully is by removing these lines from my dll.exe file

Once this has been removed FSX starts correctly, Could anyone suggest any suggestions to fix the issue without removing these lines

Please clarify what you mean with FSX not starting correctly. Do you see other messages apart for the EZDOK error ? Or, FSX just quits or crash after that message ?

A possible problem might be a mix-up between different Addon Manager versions, which CAN be caused by the antivirus, that has blocked some files and let install other ones, resulting in a mix-match of versions.

Try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the antivirus entirely off.

mike81

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 01:51:35 am »

That's an error message coming from EZDOK. It seems it can't find FSX.

The only way im able to start FSX successfully is by removing these lines from my dll.exe file

Once this has been removed FSX starts correctly, Could anyone suggest any suggestions to fix the issue without removing these lines

Please clarify what you mean with FSX not starting correctly. Do you see other messages apart for the EZDOK error ? Or, FSX just quits or crash after that message ?
-FSX just quits after this message, im unable to launch FSX completley.

A possible problem might be a mix-up between different Addon Manager versions, which CAN be caused by the antivirus, that has blocked some files and let install other ones, resulting in a mix-match of versions.
- I dont use any anti virus except for Microsoft Windows Essential. The problem seems to arise once the computer has been restarted. I can play FSX all day with EZdok and GSX ground services, but it seems once my PC has rebooted I receive the FSX process not found
Try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the antivirus entirely off.
- Okay I will try this and post back. Thankyou for the suggestions.

mike81

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:40 am »
I think the file is dll.xml, isn't it? If so, PMDG has posted a very good discussion about this file and possible fixes at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx. You don't need to own any PMDG aircraft to access the help file.

thanks , i checked the site out and my dll file seems okay. Thanks for your suggestion.

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:38:22 pm »
Hello, I am new here.
I've just bought the GSX today. Great product.

But I am having some problems bewteen GSX and EZDok too. Here's what I could figure out:

1. If I run FSX normally without administrator rights (as I always do), I always get the message "GSX-COULD NOT FIND VALID AFCAD DATA AT THIS POSITION, SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE" when I try to run GSX with the Ctrl+F12 key.

1.1. I have already cleared the cached doing deleting the content within the folders "C:\ProgramDate\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes\" and "C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl\". The scenery base is recreated in both FSX and GSX, but if I run FSX without administrator rights, GSX continues to show this error message copied above. Of course I also tryed to restart both Couatl (through its menu) and FSX itself, and I waited for the "regenerating airport cach" processes of GSX. The problem persistes.

1.2. In this situation (FSX without administrator rights), EZDok works just fine (as it aways did, and I have this error message from GSX).

2. On the other hand, GSX works normally IF I run FSX with administrator rights. I was very happy with that. BUT, when I run FSX with administrator rights, now it is EZDok that stoped working. EZDok displays a message saying that "Fsx process not found. Fsx_handle=0" and it simply doesn't start up, because for some reason it does not recognize that FSX is running.

So for me it has been either using GSX normaly, but not EZDok (when I run FSX with administrator rights) or using EZDok normaly, but not GSX (when I run FSX without administrator rights).

I have been reading the forum since this morning, and found out and tried many solution, with no luck. Maybe I couldn't find the correct one related to how to have GSX working normally without needing to run FSX with administrator rights.

Below some system specifications of mine:
* FSX Acceleration fully installed (including the SDK)
* Notebook Asus G74S
* i7-2630QM QuadCore 2.0~2.9Ghz
* 12GB RAM
* Video: GTX560M 3GB
* HDD 1.5TB
* DctX-11
* Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 updated
* Microsoft .NET Framework 4 updated

Any tips for my case? I thank you in advance for the support.
Happy new year!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:52:41 pm by RuiCordeiro »

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »
Some extra info:
FSX and GSX are not istalled in C:/ drive. EZDok is in C:\Program Files (x86)
Win 7 Home

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »
Bringing it to here.

However, you shouldn't run FSX As Administrator, it's not required at all. If some developers told you to do that in order to run their products, it's a cheap way to ignore the real issue, which is their products are wrongly trying to write into the FSX installation folder that, under the UAC rules, can't be written if FSX is installed under C:\Program Files, which is not-writable by default on a Vista/Win7/Win8 system. A product fully compliant with Vista/Win7/8 should only write into the proper locations, like %APPDATA% etc.

Running FSX As Administrator bypass this, but at with an high security risk, since ALL your system is exposed to a potential bug of an FSX add-on module, that can do everything on your system.

A more correct approach, would be changing the permissions for the FSX folder, and grant regular users the permission to write, in that folder *only*, not your entire system, which is what running FSX "As Administrator" does. This will fix all problems with non-compilant addons, whose developers told you "run FSX As Adminstrator"...

Hi there,

I've expressed my problem here, looking out for official support: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7874.msg65822#msg65822

And it has to do with that. GSX is only working for me if I run fsx.exe with administrator rights, but I read here that it's not required at all.

So now I am confused...

And it has to do with that. GSX is only working for me if I run fsx.exe with administrator rights, but I read here that it's not required at all.

I can only confirm running FSX As Administrator is NOT required by GSX. Your problem with the cache is likely due to so problems with your user account.

You can try removing the C:\Program\Data\Virtuali\Couatl folder and re-create it manually.

Thanks, please read my problem here (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7874.msg65822#msg65822), once I did so already. Thanks a lot.

Of course I've read it, but you haven't done what I've asked.

You said you removed the folder, and had FSX re-create it. But that's not what I've said here, you have to delete it AND re-create it *yourself*, then launch FSX.

Umberto, grazzie.

Here's what I just repetead and the resut:

01. Unistalled GSX
02. Reinstalled GSX
03. Relaunched FSX without administrator rights
04. Reactivated GSX with the backup key (same problem accured with GSX - could not find AFCAD data...)
05. Closed FSX
06. Manually deleted "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes" folder and its content
07. Manually created an empty "SceneryIndexes" folder inside "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\"
08. Manually deleted "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\" folder and its content
09. Manually created an empty "Couatl" folder inside "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\"
10. Restarted FSX without administrator rights again
11. Scenery file indexes were generated/built by FSX
12. Started a free flight with a default FSX aircraft in a default FSX scenery (C172SP @ SBMT)
13. "Ctrl+F12" to call GSX
14. GSX regenerated airport cache
15. Same error again: GSX could not find valid AFCAD data...

http://logimg.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/shot0235.jpg

Shall I change any procedure?

Thanks,
Rui
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:08:20 pm by virtuali »

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »
Searching and reading the forum, I found this case too (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7402.0) where GSX only works when FSX is run with administrator rigths to solves this same reported issue.

But I also understand from Umberto that this is not the best solution at all. So, I am still confused about a definitive solution. I'm looking foward to it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:09:48 pm by RuiCordeiro »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:04 pm »
But I also understand from Umberto that this is not the best solution at all. So, I am still confused about a definitive solution. I'm looking foward to it. Thanks.

I repeat and confirm that running GSX As Administrator is not required, but it's not a problem either if you turn it on. It runs just the same in both ways.

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 11:23:56 pm »
Can you help me to find a solution to run it in normal mode (without administrator rights)?
That way will I will be able to run FSX as I am used to. Otherwise, I bought GSX today, but will end up not using it, and will have to return it, what is not my goal. Here it is not running "just the same in both ways". Please adivise. Thanks. I really need your support to make GSX to work normaly without FSX's administrator rights. Will you be able to help?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:28:02 pm by RuiCordeiro »

pete_auau

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »
Got the  same  problem  as  you have  now  uninstalled  gsx  and  re installed  i  used to get the messge  gsx  on top saying  gsx  is re caching  airport  files  etc  but  now i  dont  get  the message at all

problem solved  by  recreating the  couati folder  inside  c:program  data/virtuali/couati
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:35:31 pm by pete_auau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 01:04:11 pm »
Can you help me to find a solution to run it in normal mode (without administrator rights)?

As I've said, GSX doesn't require Administrator mode to work, but it's not a problem if you turn it on. Does it work on your system with Administrator mode on ? If yes, than just leave it as is.

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »
Got the  same  problem  as  you have  now  uninstalled  gsx  and  re installed  i  used to get the messge  gsx  on top saying  gsx  is re caching  airport  files  etc  but  now i  dont  get  the message at all

problem solved  by  recreating the  couati folder  inside  c:program  data/virtuali/couati

I tried that, as describe above, with no luck.
I hope I did something wrong or there is any other real and workable solution.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:23:44 pm by RuiCordeiro »

RuiCordeiro

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

As I've said, GSX doesn't require Administrator mode to work, but it's not a problem if you turn it on. Does it work on your system with Administrator mode on ? If yes, than just leave it as is.

I need to make it work without adaministrator mode, and not  "leave it as is". once GSX does not require that mode to be on, as stated several times by yourself and the GSX project team, here and in otehr topics, so that, as explained above, I can be able to use it together with my other addon softaweres, all together.

Again, because of that, I do need your official support to see where is my problem to make it work without administrator mode on. Otherwise I will prefer to continue using FSX without this mode on, hece NOT using GSX anymore (once it does not work that way for me at all), and hence I have made a loss of U$41 (including taxes) for a software that does not work as it should be working, and the only way for it to work is penalizing me, as a customer, to not have other addon sotwares working together with it.

I hope you understand where I stand, and I also hope and trust in the GSX team support to help me to make it work without the administrator mode on.

Thank you very much. Grazzie.