Author Topic: Aircraft Editor not Saving  (Read 12105 times)

rsm50

• Beta tester
Aircraft Editor not Saving
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:39:32 am »
Virtuali,

I have updated my addon manager (per update screen) and and now the aircraft editor is not saving the GSX.cfg.  It is not even creating the directory (i.e. users/userid/appdata/roaming/virtuali.  So far I have reinstalled GSX just in case.

Attached is the error log.  Note the relevant error at the end of the log.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks.

- Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft Editor not Saving
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:57:55 am »
Could you try reinstall it again now ? There's an additional fix we made to fix the problem with a couple of international versions of Windows, which might have introduced this problem, but we already updated it and the update files are online.  Just run the GSX installer again.

nevetrek

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:33:03 am »
Thank you for your help but this update not run ???
I download it and when I tried run the exe file I receive a message : GSX_FSx_setup.exe are not win valid ... :'(
I delete my GSX from my système and now, it s not possible make a come back to GSX ..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 01:54:39 am »
Thank you for your help but this update not run ???

There hasn't been any update to the GSX setup. I haven't told you to download the installer, I only said to run it again, so it could get the online updates.

I download it and when I tried run the exe file I receive a message : GSX_FSx_setup.exe are not win valid ... :'(

That's not a problem of the installer, but the file has been corrupted on your system. Such message seems to indicate your antivirus is at fault, that has corrupted the setup executable, mistakenly thinking it might contains a virus, and corrupting it trying to "heal" it.

Download the GSX installer again, with the antivirus turned off entirely, and keep it off while installing and before launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

nevetrek

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 02:07:00 am »
There hasn't been any update to the GSX setup. I haven't told you to download the installer, I only said to run it again, so it could get the online updates.

Off course, before my problem thats the first solution tried before tried again a new instal ... but not solve !

Rem :
I not antivirus on the computer play FSX !
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:09:14 am by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 02:14:10 am »
I not antivirus on the computer play FSX !

That it means your installer has been corrupted in your disk for some other reason, but surely the one we have online is fine, otherwise everybody else would report a corrupted file.

And of course, since you say you don't have any antivirus, you can't be sure you have a *real* virus which has corrupted the installer.

An easy way to check this, is to right-click on the GSX setup.exe, select "Properties", select the "Digital Signature" Tab. Check if the digital signature is valid. If it's not valid, or it's not even there, than you are SURE the file has been corrupted on your system, and it's not the same we have online.

rsm50

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 02:21:53 am »
Virtuali,

Note the above replies were NOT from me (the thread starter).  I tried your suggestion of reinstalling and I am still getting the same errors.  I am using the US Win7 64 bit if this is of any help. 

- Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:53:46 am »
That's not your page sir ???

You don't understand. I haven't said you downloaded from the wrong page.

I've said to check the digital signature of the file you have on YOUR hard drive, to see if it's valid. If it's not, this means that file has been corrupted/changed on YOUR system AFTER it was downloaded.

I tried take my file here ... And now, the link for this file are also ... "OUT"

I don't know what you mean with "links are out", but I've tested the link now, and it works normally.

rsm50

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 02:57:08 am »
nevetrek,

Are you sure this is the correct thread for your posting?   This thread is about the Aircraft Editor not Saving.  I think Virtuali is confusing the two.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 02:58:57 am »
Are you sure this is the correct thread for your posting?   This thread is about the Aircraft Editor not Saving.  I think Virtuali is confusing the two.

I'm not confusing anything, I know perfectly well that I'm replying to two different people, and it's newtrek that shouldn't have piggybacked on this thread, but that doesn't mean I can't reply to him.

I've already reported your (different) problem to the Couatl developer, but since it's 3:00 AM in Italy right now, it might take a while before he'll reply.

rsm50

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 03:25:01 am »
Are you sure this is the correct thread for your posting?   This thread is about the Aircraft Editor not Saving.  I think Virtuali is confusing the two.

I'm not confusing anything, I know perfectly well that I'm replying to two different people, and it's newtrek that shouldn't have piggybacked on this thread, but that doesn't mean I can't reply to him.

I've already reported your (different) problem to the Couatl developer, but since it's 3:00 AM in Italy right now, it might take a while before he'll reply.

Virtuali,

Just wanted to be sure you realized there that someone piggybacked my issue (I was not sure from your answer in Post #3). 

Thank you very much for you and the developer look into this.  Let me know if either of you need additional information or need me to perform any additional tests.

- Robert

nevetrek

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 04:37:52 pm »
Sorry rsm 50 ... I speak here because Virtuali ask me,  speak about this,  here  !!!
About the link for GSX, ... when I trie,  I receive this page :
For the file GSX download before, I make an analys ... yes it is bad ... there is empty ... 0 octed !

SOLVED

For the download problem ,that's was caused by Google Chrome ! If some people are the same problems, just make  a full new initialising Chrome and delete all cookies ... etc, clean all browser
For the ctrl - shift F12 problem, that's due was because I see 2 entry in your programe use "shift CTRL F12" ...
After change the attribute in config and replace F12 by F11 for ask the GSX menu ... the menu are come back in my FSX.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:42:55 pm by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 05:32:39 pm »
For the ctrl - shift F12 problem, that's due was because I see 2 entry in your programe use "shift CTRL F12" ...

That's because you changed it, since the default it's CTRL+F12 for YouControl and CTRL+Shift+F12 for GSX direct. The installer doesn't change your personal preferences.

nevetrek

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »
Sir ... You are not understand me ...I never make a changed before today on this setting ... But after CYVR and last update GSX, If I stay by default installer, all on CTRL shift F12, ... that's not get display GSX menu in my FSX !
After change F12 to F 11 myself ( I never write that's your installer make this change)  in the first line setting, now, yes I have get display my GSX menu in FSX and also with F12 ... but if I come back F12 in the first line, the menu not display ...

but the main thing is that it works  :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:29:57 pm by nevetrek »

dalewilley

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:17 pm »
I'm having the same issue as RSM50. Tried creating a folder in the Virtuali folder and creating a gsx.cfg from one shared on the forum with no luck. I get the same log entries when attempting to edit an aircraft as RSM50