Author Topic: If you can't see your GSX Menu and Parts of CYVR Terminal  (Read 3579 times)

Paul Deemer

If you can't see your GSX Menu and Parts of CYVR Terminal
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:39:24 am »
I purchased GSX and Vancouver tonight. Thought it would be a simple thing to get them up quickly but nooooo! Don't want anyone to have to go through all the hell I did tonight, so here were my 2 issues I had and what I did to fix them.

I installed everything correctly but could not for the life of me figure out how to get the GSX menu to show up when I hit the hot key. Finally looked around the forum and saw somebody else had this problem. I thought the installer was supposed to do this but it did not remove the ParkMe Folder. After deleting the folder I was finally able to get the GSX menu options to display.

The othe problem I had was most of the CYVR terminals were displaying but there was one side that was missing. In the past I had my FSX shortcut set to run as Administrator under the Compatibility Tab. At some point this box became unchecked. Once I checked it again then CYVR displayed normally.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: If you can't see your GSX Menu and Parts of CYVR Terminal
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:28:35 am »
I thought the installer was supposed to do this but it did not remove the ParkMe Folder.

The GSX installer should do that, not the CVYR installer.

After deleting the folder I was finally able to get the GSX menu options to display.

This shouldn't happen, unless you changed the key assignments, to make ParkMe and GSX using the same hotkey, which shouldn't be done of course (if two addons use the same key, only one will work)

The othe problem I had was most of the CYVR terminals were displaying but there was one side that was missing. In the past I had my FSX shortcut set to run as Administrator under the Compatibility Tab. At some point this box became unchecked. Once I checked it again then CYVR displayed normally.

This shouldn't happen too. In fact, enabling the compatibility box is exactly what resulted for some users in parts of buildings not displaying. But if that fixed the problem for your in the opposite way, and everything is working normally, just leave it as it is.

Paul Deemer

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:29:14 pm »
I know GSX is supposed to do that but in my case it did not remove the parkme folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX about 3 times and it never did. No I did not the have the same keys assigned. The Parkme thing would come up and say it was being bypassed or something by GSX but not matter what the GSX menu would not show up. It was only after removing parkme folder that I was finally able to get the menus to show up for GSX.

As for the Compatibility Tab Issue. I am not running in compatiblity mode. None of those boxes are checked. The only box checked under the Compatiblity Tab is the Privelage level is Checked so that FSX will run as administrator without me having to right click and set it manually every time.

Some how the box became unchecked and FSX was not running in Admin mode. I did tests at the other FSDT Airports and the buildings were gone. ONly after checking this box again did everything start showing up correctly.

I use Vista 64-bit and FSX is on a dedicated drive. E:\FSX
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:35:07 pm by Paul Deemer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 06:56:56 pm »
None of our products requires FSX to be run in Administrator mode, it's strange that you have to run FSX As Administrator, this seems to indicate a problem with your user account or some folder with wrong permission settings.

Paul Deemer

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:02 pm »
Well it all working Flawlessly now so I aint going to worry about it lol. If it aint broke don't mess with it. 8)