Author Topic: 3D editor not working properly  (Read 5108 times)

Dschulzy

3D editor not working properly
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:11:35 pm »
I just purchased GSX, when i launch the advance editor to none of the lines appear for the coordinates for door assignment. please help

My apologies, Every time I try to go into the 3d editor, the lines that are to appear on the airplane do not show.
When I try to restart from the drop down menu, the add on menu is only showing. I have to close out FSX and restart to engage the the GSX options, please advise
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:23:34 pm by Dschulzy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3D editor not working
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:22:19 am »
Your description of the problem is not very clear. Please, describe more clearly what you see.

clintonjohnson9606

Re: 3D editor not working properly
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:09 pm »
I just purchased GSX, when i launch the advance editor to none of the lines appear for the coordinates for door assignment. please help

My apologies, Every time I try to go into the 3d editor, the lines that are to appear on the airplane do not show.
When I try to restart from the drop down menu, the add on menu is only showing. I have to close out FSX and restart to engage the the GSX options, please advise
To: Dschulzy

I just bought the software a few hours ago, and, as they say at McDonald's: "I'm loving it!"

In 3D edit mode (slew mode activates, BTW): The first thing you need to do is zoom in to about about 6.00x magnification, depending on the aircraft. For my Project Airbus A380-861s, 6.00x magnification in Spot View allows me to see the red/blue/green locator. It's almost always located on the ground at the center of the airplane! Look among the main gear. With the exception of the nosewheel editor, ALL of the door position names will not be visible until you move the door locator box out of the aircraft laterally (port and starboard). You can restart Couatl, under the add-on menu in FSX. To exit 3D mode, as the manual says, press "Y" on your keyboard (exiting Slew Mode also exits the 3D editor mode).

I hope this helps you, Dschulzy.

Now, Virtuali, I'm trying to figure out how to move up and down in the 3D edit mode. There are no instructions for doing so. Up and down arrows move the caret to port and to starboard, while left and right moves it foreward and aftward, or so I think, but nothing moves up and down vertically.

Thanks Virtuali for another great product.

Clinton J.,
Nashville, Tennessee USA
From the desk of:

Clinton A. Johnson
Southern California
United States of America

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:38:51 pm »
There are no instructions for doing so. Up and down arrows move the caret to port and to starboard, while left and right moves it foreward and aftward, or so I think, but nothing moves up and down vertically.

The manual of course indicates which keys to use in the 3d editor, there's a table at Page 29, that lists they key commands "Slew Up Quickly" and "Slew Down Quickly", which by default are assigned to F4 and F1, that control the "Raise Door (Blue axis)" and "Lower Door (Blue axis)" functions of the editor.

It's important to note that these keys are not hard-coded in GSX, that will take whatever key assignment you have for the Slew Up/down Quickly function, that's why the manual says by *default* they are assigned to F4/F1, but if you changed them in FSX for any reason, they will change in GSX too, and of course if you de-assign them in FSX, they will not work anymore in GSX too.

hobeprime

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 10:33:13 am »
It's some time ago now that this thread was started, I had the problem recently though.
I just wanted to point out that you don't have the slew mode problem if you pause the simulator prior to using the 3D editor.

Regards,
Dennis