Author Topic: Starting Position Editor  (Read 4493 times)

rosspiscoran

Starting Position Editor
« on: December 25, 2012, 12:33:36 am »
So I just bought GSX, great product by the way! I was wondering if I can change the starting location of scenery objects for ALL parking positions because I feel the cargo loaders and stairs should start off near the pushback tug.

Any Suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Starting Position Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 01:55:48 am »
If with "ALL" parking positions, you mean all at once for all parkings, then no, it's not possible, and wouldn't make much sense anyway changing in the way you are asking, because sometimes it's even difficult to find space for the pushback tug, let alone adding up to 3 stairs and two loaders. On top of that, since vehicles don't have any notion of other vehicles, one way to fix most of the potential collisions, is to start then at different positions.

So, the default starting positions as they are now, are the most sensible choice that works for the majority of airports.

Of course, you can change every vehicle starting position at every parking using the parking customization feature, but you can't make a global change that will act as a new default, you have to change each parking individually. When you start doing this, you'll realize that putting stairs and loaders together with the pushback tug (this basically means, starting all vehicles from the same place) is not possible, especially at detailed addon airports.

rosspiscoran

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 03:36:16 am »
Okay makes sense. My primary concern is that when boarding is complete, the aft stairs and baggage loaders only move back a few feet so my wing hits the stairs (737 NGX) when I push back from the gate. Any way to fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:26:51 am »
when boarding is complete, the aft stairs and baggage loaders only move back a few feet so my wing hits the stairs (737 NGX) when I push back from the gate. Any way to fix this?

No, they don't. They go back to whatever their starting position was.

Which of course, barring any further customization, is taken from the parking radius as defined in the scenery AFCAD so, your issue is maybe the scenery you tested and the parking you tested was probably quite small. And you can override the parking radius too with GSX customization feature, so you CAN affect the vehicles starting position (and their the position they go back to) without having to tweak each vehicle individually, and this CAN be applied to multiple parkings at time.

rosspiscoran

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:15:42 pm »
Works like a charm now! The only problem I have left is some objects are invisible when I arrive at the gate. What could cause that, a memory issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 06:07:44 pm »
Works like a charm now! The only problem I have left is some objects are invisible when I arrive at the gate. What could cause that, a memory issue?

Which objects ? This might be a video card or FSX graphic settings problem, or simply a problem of a wrong configuration for your airplane (or a *missing* configuration for a non-supported airplane).

rosspiscoran

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »
Nevermind, all I needed was the highmem tweak!