Author Topic: Machine mismatch  (Read 3828 times)

Belthazor

Machine mismatch
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:45 am »
Hello colleagues scenery developers.
Today suddenly upon starting Prepar3D i get this message for several fsdreamteam products I have installed. It's says machine mismatch and asks me to activate the products I own. Could this be affected by BIOS update or changing the CPU frequency as a result of BIOS update? Or, if not how did this happen? It's the only thing changed since the last time I started Prepar3D.

Thanks,
Djordje Kosanovic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Machine mismatch
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:18 am »
Overclocking *usually* doesn't cause an hardware id change, but if you had to update the BIOS too, that might. However, that's NOT an "error", it's just an alert that asks you to confirm your activation, but after you do that, everything will run normally.

And, most of the time, is not seen as a "major" hardware change so, it hasn't consumed one of your activations. But even if it did, you have 6 of them. And even if you consumed all of them, you can always ask for a reactivation.

Belthazor

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:05:08 pm »
Ok, thank you for your reply. Is there a way to see the number of activations?

Also a question about GSX: I am a fellow scenery deisgner from a certain company (will not say the name, don't wish it to be seen as an advertisement). I would like to incorporate GSX onto our airfield, I've created textures for vehicles etc, but the thing that bugs me is the route the vehicles take to get to the aircraft or to leave. Is there a way to correct this behaviour?

Also just got the meaning of Couatl although I played D&D long time ago it took me a while to remember and get the meaning. Nice one :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:56:14 pm by Belthazor »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »
Ok, thank you for your reply. Is there a way to see the number of activations?

Unfortunately no for our program, since the Esellerate server doesn't communicate this information programmatically. You can ask via email with your Order Number, so we can manually check this.

would like to incorporate GSX onto our airfield, I've created textures for vehicles etc, but the thing that bugs me is the route the vehicles take to get to the aircraft or to leave. Is there a way to correct this behaviour?

This was discussed already on the forum: there are two kind of vehicles, and they use entirely different movement methods. The services that come from far away, which are the Catering Truck, the Fuel Truck, the Passenger Bus and the Baggage Loader that arrives for Deboarding, use the AFCAD Vehicles path (flagged as vehicle path) by preference, and they revert to using taxiways if there's no other way.

The vehicles that start at the parking, doesn't obviously have a fixed "path", since the airplane sizes are different, their doors are in different positions and the user will not park always at the same place, the arrival point is always different. What you control is the *starting* point so, the best way to improve parking positions, is simply adjust their starting positions and their starting orientation, because both will affect the approach path to the airplane. Then you can simply distribute your GSX.INI file together with the scenery, in the scenery folder.

Also just got the meaning of Couatl although I played D&D long time ago it took me a while to remember and get the meaning. Nice one :D

Yes, of course, we used (me and the Couatl main developer) to play D&D ages ago too, but I have to say the origin of the name comes from Aztec mythology ( the name refers to the Quetzalcoatl god ), and D&D took it from there. But we used the Couatl spelling, which is D&D-ish, instead of Coatl...:) We choose that name since Couatl it's basically a flying snake and the program is a Python interpreter for a flight simulator.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:18:55 pm by virtuali »