Author Topic: GSX Expansion idears: "Rural and Jungle Ground Support"  (Read 4490 times)

bstikkel

GSX Expansion idears: "Rural and Jungle Ground Support"
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »
Let me first express my respect and admiration for the FS Dreamteam for creating GSX as it is now.
For me the lastest version is the first version I 'meet'. But I think it is wonderfull !

Please consider my carrying in idears as enthousiasme about the add-on, not as a message I would miss things.
I am a GA simpilot and mostly I fly in rural or jungle areas.
That ofcourse is the reason I would like to do a suggestion for creating ground support in the rural version too, next to the allready available GSX ground support.

I am thinking of:
Fuel supply
For real small airstrips:
by small van with gasoline or jetfuel drums, maybe even with a man/woman on a ladder filling the wingtanks.
by a man rolling a gasoline or jetfuel drum to the plane, putting it up and handpumping it in the wingtanks.
by a man pulling an unmotorized flatcar with two standing gasoline or jetfuel drums to the plane, then handpumping it in the wingtanks.
For local airports:
a man walking to the default available GA fueltank facility, rolling out the hose, putting a ladder next to the wing and filling the wingtanks.

Loading and unloading Luggage and freight:
loading and unloading from and on a flatcar that is hand pulled
the same with a flatcar motorized
the same with a bigger flatcar pulled by a small rusty tractor
Choice between pure passenger flight ground service (with mainly luggage), local freigh flight ground service (with mainly wooden boxes, crates and sacks, medical supplies, foodsupplies, even small cattle sometimes goats, chicken eg), or medical flights, injured people.
Luggage or cargo that is just hand carried out of and into the planes (different reaching heights for different sizes planes)

For jungle serviceflights
A group of helpfull local people that come running to the plane as soon as it is parked or that help loading the plane (choice between several skincolours would be great).

Guiding service and marshaller
There a several substitutes thinkable for these services.
A guy on a motorbike guiding the plane to its parkingplace.
I think of an old pickuptruck with a 'marshalling' man in the back.
An allready from the runway visible man on the platform waving to 'call' the plane to where it is expected to park.

Well, enough idears for now, probably.
I would like to offer my help with creating these expansions for GSX if I can.
I appreciate if you let me know how you - devellopers of GSX - think about these idears.

Greetings,
Bram Stikkel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Expansion idears: "Rural and Jungle Ground Support"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:09:24 pm »
The concept surely it's nice. The only doubt I have is: will be the concept enough to convince users to fly so far away from their usual areas, for example in Africa, where there's no scenery other than the (bad) default ?

bstikkel

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:54 am »
Hi Umberto,
I understand the point you bring forwards.
You are right ofcourse for the default airfields. FSX can be terrible there.

I have two considerations:

1st There are a lot of smaller airfields that have been nicely upgraded by several freeware creators on the several freeware sites.
Take by example the OZx creators, who have a download for a few hundred bushfields, very beautifull (see http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/).

Ofcourse their commercial inspirators FTX airfields, who also create smaller airfields, no doubt you know them. They are still continiously expanding the area's they create beautifull scenery for.
An other commercial bushfield creator is Pacific Island Sceneries with the many pacific Island airfields and not to forget the PNG airfield pack RAW GRIT: PNG BUSHPILOT & EXTREME BUSH TREKKER (copied, not meant to scream...;-))
And not to forget ofcourse your own small airports sceneries.

2nd consideration:
Here's a chance for FS Dreamteam to expand GSX with some general expansionset for FSX's 'one stripe on green' airstrips.
If you guys can create such beatifull moving scenery, it must be no problem to create some old buildings and smaller eyecandy that changes the most dull airstrip into a nice looking airstrip. It could also become a separate addon too, ofcourse.

I hope you have something that can make you consider the proposed GSX expansion.
Anyway again my compliments for the product as it is allready.

Greetings !
Bram Stikkel

bstikkel

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »
A reply would be appreciated... am I impatient ?  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »
A reply would be appreciated... am I impatient ?  :)

I think my first reply was already quite exhaustive. Yes, it's a nice idea and we aren't opposed in principle to the concept of expanding towards GA, we'll surely think about it, but first we must "finish" the main GSX program with all its features, including the missing ones (de-icers, water vehicles and lots of other suggestions too), then we might start thinking about expansions.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:43:26 pm by virtuali »

bstikkel

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »
Okay, thanks !
Bram