Author Topic: Couldnt find valid AFCAD data  (Read 15315 times)

808CruzControl

Couldnt find valid AFCAD data
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:40:42 am »
Hey guys,

I just downloaded the latest update. Whenever I am at the FSDT Honolulu Airport and at the gate, I cant open up the GSX window. The green message bar is saying "[FSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available"

Before I installed the update, GSX at that very same gate was working perfectly fine. What does this mean exactly?

Thank you,

Kalen

808CruzControl

Re: Couldnt find valid AFCAD data
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:56:21 am »
okay i found the error. Before I installed the update, i had FSX running under admin rights. I guess the update changed that so i had to reset it. Now FSX runs under admin rights and now everything works again.

Ill leave this for anybody who might have this issue

unless i get told to remove it.

WinniJets

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:32:57 am »
Good morning.
Unfortunately since updating the GSX along with Vancouver (great scenery btw) the same happens to me now. Before the update GSX was working flawless, no matter where I was flying to. Now I am getting this disturbing AFCAD - message ([FSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available") wherever I am. I tried your fix (let FSX run in administrator mode), but it did not work for me. De- and reinstalled GSX ... no success. Is there any other way to fix that (besides reinstalling the whole fsx) ? I made the logfile (a s suggested somewhere else) and let it run. It just shows the FSDT airports, I have running in my fsx.

Thanks
Joerg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38:14 am »
I made the logfile (a s suggested somewhere else) and let it run. It just shows the FSDT airports, I have running in my fsx.

Can I see it ?

WinniJets

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:52 am »
Good Morning Umberto,

am I bad ? Should have posted it right away. Here you go:

couatl v2.0 (build 2337)
log started on Thu Jan 10 06:00:30 2013

Thanks
Joerg
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:22:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 11:47:36 am »
Error while creating airport cache: can't write to C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl/meta.txt

That looks like a permission problem on your system, try to remove the C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/ and re-create it.

WinniJets

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:09:25 pm »
Hello Umberto,

that was the clue. It´s working just fine again. Many thanks.

Joerg

Odinsson

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 10:51:29 pm »
Sorry, I 've tried, what wrote. It doesn't help too.

the latest logfile-content:

couatl v2.0 (build 2337)
log started on Tue Jan 15 07:39:20 2013

Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed

What is about this mystery file meta.txt, what is named in the logfile? On my system it is located at folder: C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

The file is totaly empty.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:20:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 11:15:07 pm »
Error while creating airport cache: can't write to C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl/meta.txt

That seems to be a problem with your account permissions. Try to remove that folder:

C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl

then create it again

Odinsson

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 11:24:20 pm »
I have done so, there is no solution...

EDIT:

the log-file-content again:

now it looks so:

Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:22:52 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 02:26:17 am »
I have done so, there is no solution...

Try to force a complete cache rebuild, by removing the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes.

Then launch FSX and let BOTH FSX AND GSX rebuild their own caches. It might be possible you'll have to restart FSX another time when everything it's done.

Odinsson

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 07:51:41 am »
What is about this mystery file meta.txt, what is named in the logfile? On my system it is located at folder: C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:23:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:25 pm »

It obviously is, since the program wasn't able to create it, because it couldn't write in that folder. I'm sorry, but I'm still sure there's a problem with your account permissions on that folder, that's the only possible reason it can't write it there.

You must have done something wrong. Try to remove that folder, BEFORE launching FSX:

then create it again

Odinsson

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 02:00:17 pm »
Sorry, but I don't think so. Let me describe, what things I 've done because of your suggestions:

At first, FSX was closed completely, I deleted the folder C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl using the Win7 Explorer.

After this I started FSX. After starting flight in the 3D-Window was shown a red colord textline: "Regenerating airport cache (X %), please wait..." the X % were increasing to 49 % and then GSX had stopped any function.

I closed FSX once more.

I deinstalled GSX comletely usind the Windows control panel. After this I rebooted the system. No folders of GSX-Installation were found after this.

I installed GSX once more. I deleted the folder: C:\ProgramDate\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes using Win7 Explorer.

After all that I started (launched) FSX.

After loading the flight at the airport the same thing happen: "Regenerating airport cache (X %), please wait..." the X % were increasing to 49 % and then GSX had stopped any function.

Let me say: I am the administrator of my own system. I ve tried both: Strting FSX normally or as administrator especially. No solution until this time. All this has happend since the last update of January 7th...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 02:12:32 pm »
At first, FSX was closed completely, I deleted the folder C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl using the Win7 Explorer.

If you really did what you say here, it's normal it wouldn't work because, I haven't said to JUST delete it.

I've said to delete it AND recreate it! The recreate it part was the most important. If you just delete it and hope GSX would be able to create it itself, it won't obviously work because, as I've said, what is causing the problem is not a "bug" with GSX, but the fact that Windows is blocking write access to that folder because of permissions. But if you create that folder yourself, your user account and all programs you run under that account should be able to write too.

After this I started FSX. After starting flight in the 3D-Window was shown a red colord textline: "Regenerating airport cache (X %), please wait..." the X % were increasing to 49 % and then GSX had stopped any function.

No, it's not. Nothing has "stopped". That sign stays there for a finite amount of seconds, then it goes away. It will not stay until it reaches 100%, the program was still working.

So, I'll repeat it again:

Try to remove that folder:

then create it again

Let me say: I am the administrator of my own system. I ve tried both: Strting FSX normally or as administrator especially. No solution until this time. All this has happend since the last update of January 7th...

That's not how Windows 7 security works. Even if you "are" the Administrator of your system, when you don't run programs "As Administrator", you are still running as a regular user. Which is why I've told you to RECREATE that folder, as regular user.