Author Topic: Verbosity option  (Read 2659 times)

boilerbill

Verbosity option
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:48:55 am »
Umberto:

I just installed the new update and have been investigating it. With the new Display Verbosity option, I see there are 3 settings for the infamous green message box: "Display no messages", "Display only important messages", and "Display all messages". The first and third settings are clear enough, but what messages are 'important' enough to be displayed if the 2nd setting is selected? So far, I have found 3 such important messages...
  • "Please set parking brakes immediately!"
  • "You need to set your parking brake to request ground services"
  • "You need to stop the engines to request ground services."

What other messages have I missed?

I did notice that none of the reminders about the jetway, passenger door(s), or cargo door(s) appear with the 2nd setting. That will address some of the issues that have been brought up in this forum. As always, thanks for improving a product that is already great!
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Verbosity option
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:22:49 am »
The important messages are those that warn you of some kind of problem, and are usually in red text over green, and come with a "dong" warning sound too.

The "non important" messages are white on green, and are the informative texts like "a marshaller has been dispatched" or "deboarding requested", "waiting for you action, open exit 1" so basically everything that is not signaling any kind of problem.

Note that, even if you turn off the "waiting for your action" message by turning down the verbosity slider, GSX will STILL wait for you action, it will just no say it anymore, so the services will still not being unless you opened/closed the requested exits. To really ignore a door status, is still required to set that option for each door in the airplane configuration.