Author Topic: GSX crashes my FSX everytime it is installed.  (Read 4593 times)

BuffaloZ3

GSX crashes my FSX everytime it is installed.
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:15:24 am »
My first post was rude, I was irritated and said some things that have apologized for since then and still apologize for now.  I guess this is the final effort to maybe get some help.  I'm just recently retired and very new to FSX and how to use forums properly.  I downloaded GSX Demo, and it worked fine on my computer.  Once I purchased the full software download my FSX crashes every single time it is installed.  When I remove it, the simulator runs fine.  I am currently using a Dell Inspiron One, Intel Core i5-2400S CPU @ 2.85 GHz, 600 RAM, 64 bit with Touch Input.  I have Nvidia graphics card but I'm not sure of anymore than that.  I'm able to run photo Scenery like Aerosoft's Fairbanks X, and FTX Pacific Fjords and Ketchikan AK, USA with no problems at all.  I really thought GSX was great, and I'd like to be able to use, but I'm not Super Savvy on computer knowledge.  I don't know what other information I should supply.   Any assistance with this problem would be be greatly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes my FSX everytime it is installed.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:25:46 am »
I downloaded GSX Demo, and it worked fine on my computer

Of course it did.,

Once I purchased the full software download my FSX crashes every single time it is installed.

THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. Sorry, but it's not. Have you DOWNLOADED something, to activate the product ? Of course not, the program is bit-by-bit identical and it's NOT modified in any way, it just works in every airport so, it's not possible the Demo version (there's isn't another version, there's only one version of GSX and it's the Demo) would work, and the Full version wouldn't.

But I've already told you this.

When I remove it, the simulator runs fine

That doesn't obviously mean the program is GSX, of course. Since the Demo worked, what's really happened, is that you have installed (or another product, as part of its installation) installed something that has caused a conflict in your Windows system, and this is AFFECTING GSX, it's not the other way around, GSX is the victim of a problem, not the cause.

But in any case, I ALREADY replied to you in another thread, but you haven't done what I've asked so I'll repeat it again:

Before saying GSX is the problem, you should FIRST check WHAT really crashed.

If you go into the Windows Control Panel, under the "Administrative Tools" section, the Windows Event Viewer will have your crash details recorded. Look in the Application log for crashes related to either FSX happened recently, select the crash details, and see what was the error. This could give an hint what really crashed.

Eisbahn

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:23:19 pm »
This seems to be the infamous G3d.dll problem and not GSX.
This has been discussed many times on the forum.
See here:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/353179-gd3dllhelp/

rileym28

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:52:50 am »
I have the exact same problem, but I never downloaded the demo
This is the log on the crash window
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   fsx.exe
  Application Version:   10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp:   46fadb14
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_56ad
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000096
  Exception Offset:   139aac2d
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   56ad
  Additional Information 2:   56ad976cad7ce7e698f789aedbf97c59
  Additional Information 3:   0470
  Additional Information 4:   0470aafa9aab30f4e035b529d5b11982

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 05:07:42 am »
I have the exact same problem, but I never downloaded the demo
This is the log on the crash window
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   fsx.exe
  Application Version:   10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp:   46fadb14
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_56ad

No, you don't have the "exact same problem". First, you are replying to a post from 2012, which reported an entirely different issue. But, in any case, what has crashed it's FSX, not any of our modules, and the Stackhash error is caused by other products too, see here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/61373-stackhash-errors/

It might have something to do with the Windows DEP feature, read the explanation at the link provided in that discussion.