Author Topic: FSX crashes after GSX installation  (Read 4572 times)

jarochopilot

FSX crashes after GSX installation
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:59:07 pm »
Hello,

I bought the GSX, and after installation, my FSX now crashes every time I fly!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:05:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX crashes after GSX installation
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:05:58 am »
I've edited your message, because it was very confusing to read and reply, since you haven't provided the one and only information needed: WHAT kind of crash are you seeing ?

jarochopilot

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:32:32 am »
I did post it.  The crash is simple.  After a few mins of flying the sim crashes.  No message, no nothing, simply crashes.

G3D error messahe appears int he registry, FSUIPC installed and registered and still same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 03:37:46 am »
G3D error messahe appears int he registry, FSUIPC installed and registered and still same issue.

This is not very clear. Are you saying that you don't have any error messages, but you checked the Windows Event Viewer and verified the crashes are caused by G3D.DLL ?

If yes, I can only confirm the problem is not GSX but something else, most likely related to video drivers or settings, and unfortunately FSUIPC can't prevent ALL possible G3D.DLL crashes, just the most common ones.

And besides, if the crash appears after a few minutes, regardless if GSX was started or not, then it fairly sure it can't be GSX, since GSX it's an EXTERNAL program that runs outside FSX ( so it can't cause a crash of one of the GSX internal .DLLs ) and it doesn't do anything if you don't start its services. It doesn't even take memory from FSX, because (being an external process, since it runs entirely inside the Couatl.exe program), it has its own separate memory space, so it doesn't cut into the FSX memory either.

jarochopilot

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 04:24:12 am »
Yes, that is correct, as I read in the forums, I checked the Windows Event Viewer and G3D was the problem.  Installed latest FSUIPC and still the same issue.

Now, the "golden" question, as I have read in pretty much every post with people that have my same issue, WHY is this coming up roght after installing GSX?  There has to be a reason.  There has to be a file that GSX modifies or replaces that causes this.  Simply stating that this was going to happen sooner or later does not sound very reasonable.

On the other hand, I would like to FULLY delete your program.  I would like my simulator back to its normal working condition, previous to GSX install.  How can ALL traces of this software be deleted?

STBonkers

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 08:16:42 am »
I have done a complete re install of windows etc...... and now face the decisions do i really want GSX on my system as this was the reason for the re install in the first place, there are a growing amount of people all over the net that complains that GSX is causing the errors and i must say i am staring to agree, it cannot be that all of us have the same issues only with GSX, i WILL not do all of this again, this is a promise, it takes tooooo much time re installing everything if the same errors pop up, well then that's me taking business somewhere else, i have been looking and searching for answers that you guys give is just not working, which is sad because this is a product that has heaps of potential just not on 5/10 PC it seems 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 01:50:09 pm »
Now, the "golden" question, as I have read in pretty much every post with people that have my same issue

You haven't read very carefully or, you are confusing the causes with the effect, a "generic crash" it's one thing, but your it's a G3D.DLL crash.  G3D.DLL crash is not so common here, and everybody that had it, fixed by installing the latest FSUIPC so, it's exactly the opposite: your issue is unique, since nobody else so far has reported a G3D.DLL that wasn't fixable that way.

WHY is this coming up roght after installing GSX?  There has to be a reason.  There has to be a file that GSX modifies or replaces that causes this.  Simply stating that this was going to happen sooner or later does not sound very reasonable.

The only file in FSX that GSX modifies, it's the default vehicles_airports.bgl, that is patched to remove the default two truck. No other file in FSX is modified, GSX only adds its own objects which are NOT called until you call a GSX service. Ig f the problem was the patch made to the default pushback truck, it should crash immediately after you go at an airport, and if the problem was one of the objects installed by GSX, the crash should happen as soon as you call a GSX service.

Since, from your description of the problem, the crash happens only after a while, it can't be any of these things, which are the only things that GSX adds to FSX. As I've said, the program doesn't do anything if you are not using it, and even if it's waiting for you to call it, it's doing this externally so, anything that happens in the GSX internal logic CANNOT crash FSX, plain and simple.

You might have noticed it only after GSX, but that was probably coincidental. The installer does a minor change to your FSX.CFG but it's usually not needed: it simply ensures you have the "Advanced Animations" flag set and sets it if it's not (99% of users already have it set), nothing else is changed.

On the other hand, I would like to FULLY delete your program.  I would like my simulator back to its normal working condition, previous to GSX install.  How can ALL traces of this software be deleted?

With its uninstaller, replying YES to "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and to "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?" This will remove everything related to GSX. None of our other products will work either, but this is a 100% clean uninstall.