Author Topic: Can't Push Back with engines running?  (Read 3412 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
Can't Push Back with engines running?
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:17:43 pm »
First thanks for the recent help here for getting me up and running! :)

I am using GSX at Aerosoft Airports with AES! :)  It took some adjusting and setting up with the respective configs, but they both work. Double Jetways and all the rest!

Now, one thing I see that is not available in GSX ( I may be wrong) is that you can not do an engine start at the gate and then push back?   The GSX program says "Stop engines and set brakes".  I have to begin push back and then start the engines.  A small detail but maybe there is a workaround?  AES allows this, but I would rather use GSX!

Umberto, I have found the culpret of the OOM error mentioned in another thread. Its nothing to do with GSX or AES. Its the TCAS Traffic gauge in the MD-11 and the IFly 737. When the TCAS is "on" in either aircraft, my FSX working mem is over 3.3Gb!!  Switch off TCAS and FSX mem stays at 2.6Gb and all is stable. So I conclude its nothing to do with your products. (From my testing)

Thanks for an excellent product.  ;D

Regards

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Can't Push Back with engines running?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »
First, you have to prepare for push through AES, and answer no when promped to push, this will retract the jetway.  Then you prepare for push through GSX.  Once you've answered all the prompts, you should be good to start engines at will.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 07:07:48 pm »
So I conclude its nothing to do with your products. (From my testing)

I've already explained why it couldn't be related to any of our products, and I was fairly sure it was one of the gauges, which is confirmed by your test.

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:07 am »
Code: [Select]
First, you have to prepare for push through AES, and answer no when promped to push, this will retract the jetway.  Then you prepare for push through GSX.  Once you've answered all the prompts, you should be good to start engines at will.
Thanks Bruce. :)

I attached the Tug and then started the engines! That way GSX had already begun its PB routine and couldn't refuse!  But the AES method you said is also good! 

and thanks Umberto.....Yep, the product is very good! Just that no two peoples FSX installations are alike, I admire your patience....... ::)

BTW, I use Traffic X as the traffic program. I found that sometimes that AFCAD gets read by GSX and it only gives me 5 parking spots!(at Chicago :o )  Thats what Traffic X has to allocate.  So I disabled Trafic X airport facilities in the scenery library and all is well again.

Regards.

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".