Author Topic: No follow me truck  (Read 3402 times)

jaseman007

No follow me truck
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:46:26 pm »
Landed in klas tonight.  Requested the follow me truck, gsx text advised it was on the way and never turned up??

Anyone experienced this issue with gsx?

Jas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No follow me truck
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »
Have you tried to move to go meet the truck, or you waited on the same spot ?

jaseman007

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:28:37 am »
Waited for a couple mins then moved forward toward the terminal but couldn't see the truck anywhere.  Stopped again and reset the follow me service, still nothing.  I eventually just taxied to the gate where the Marshall and ground crew were waiting.  One thing I noticed though was the ngx doors menu wouldn't allow me to open any doors, the jetway wouldn't move either.  The ngx was shut down with parking brake st.

Strange.

Jas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »
Waited for a couple mins then moved forward toward

You probably had to simply wait a bit more.

Stopped again and reset the follow me service, still nothing

That's normal, Reset will just kill the follow me but then you have to aks for it again.

One thing I noticed though was the ngx doors menu wouldn't allow me to open any doors, the jetway wouldn't move either.  The ngx was shut down with parking brake st.

That's not a GSX problem either, which doesn't touch anything in the airplane config. GSX only READS the airplane status, it doesn't affect it in any way.

Since it was the PMDG doors menu that didn't allow you to open doors, that's a PMDG usage issue that would happen exactly the same even without GSX installed. You probably shut off the airplane and then, without connecting an alternate power source and enable it on the bus, didn't had power to operate doors, which is realistic.