Author Topic: DCS F-14D  (Read 19134 times)

SUBS17

DCS F-14D
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »

Heres a video of Iris DCS F-14D under development. It'll be a while before DCS catches up with FSX as far as carrierops is concerned but its a start.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: DCS F-14D
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:00:15 pm »
And... Dino plugs away at the new F-14:

[F-14] Virtual Cockpit Progress 10 Oct 2012

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/virtual-cockpit-progress.html

"Just a quick picture of the new virtual cockpit - to show you what I've done so far... Basically, whaetever you don't see in this picture (except the NACES) is modeled but not textured. I am keeping the polycount relatively low, so that there are enough resources for the RIO cockpit (which I have just sketched at the moment).

HUD is provisional - Jivko Rusev has promised a custom one (thank you JR!) but I have not sent him yet a VC to work on... I will do that soon!

By the way, I wish to thank once again Ken Simmons of the Castle Air Museum which has provided a lot of fantastic pictures of the real cockpits - I am getting a much better texture quality thanks to those pictures.

With current pace, the pilot VC will probably be ready in no less than 3 weeks... and then, the RIO VC may take another 1-2 months...

PS - Disregard the accuracy of the carrier approach... this was just a to take a picture with the carrier in sight."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:17:24 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:00:47 am »
Sweet.  Dino & JR = winning combination.  Can't wait for the final product!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

SUBS17

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:38:04 pm »
From what I know of the DCS F-14D 2 player MP Pilot/Rio is what they are aiming for...look out Topgun fans.

Victory103

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 04:22:46 pm »
Who want's to be "Goose" anyway? Turkey fan for life so this will be great to have in the game.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

SUBS17

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 11:26:56 pm »
Razbams other team has now started work on DCS A7.

SUBS17

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 07:34:19 am »
Latest F-14A pics, check out the glove vanes this aircraft will be awesome to fly when they finish it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95866&page=3

Victory103

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 08:17:12 pm »
Very cool can't wait, well I can as I try to d/l the latest update to DCS-W. Seems kind of a waste of time since the GV's were welding shut for most of the Tomcat's life.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

SUBS17

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 09:41:54 pm »

Eventhough they later welded them shut its still cool to see them modeled in a sim.

SUBS17

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 02:42:39 am »

This is a 32 minute DCS World overview that provides our vision of DCS World, the GUI, the simulation environment, the DCS units, the free Su-25T, and available modules.

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on a military aircraft simulation. It includes a FREE Su-25T attack aircraft and it is extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods.

DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the 2008 conflict. Additionally, DCS World includes:

• Powerful mission and campaign editors
• Multiplayer
• Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons
• Advanced AI
• Fast mission generator
• Dynamic weather and seasons
• Training missions
• Mission replay system
• Pilot log book

This all allows the creation of engaging, real-world combat missions in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true "sandbox" simulation that can and will cover multiple time periods covering many types of combat and civilian units. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more relaxed game play to suit the player.

DCS modules that can plug into DCS World can include aircraft, maps, ground units, campaigns, etc. Not only can DCS World include modules developed internally by Eagle Dynamics, but it can also include those by our partners.

DCS World includes a FREE Su-25T "Frogfoot" attack aircraft!

Other modules that can be purchased for DCS World include:

DCS: A-10C Warthog. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. Warthog is considered by many to be the current bench mark of PC flight simulation.

DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 2. The Ka-50 "Black Shark" is a unique and deadly single-seat, Russian attack helicopter that has seen combat in the Northern Caucasus. It combines a high performance dual rotor system with a deadly weapons payload of guided missiles, rockets, bombs, and a 30mm cannon.

DCS: P-51D Mustang. The most realistic simulation ever done of this legendary World War 2 era fighter.

DCS: Combined Arms. DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) in multiplayer and designate targets for player-controlled close air support aircraft, or directly control armor vehicles or air defense weapons and engage the enemy.

DCS World can be downloaded from:
http://www.dcs-world.com

All DCS modules can be purchased from: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...oducts&lang=en

Next DCS is F/A-18C....SWEET.

dreaminsight

Re: R: DCS F-14D
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 08:20:04 pm »
Are they free?

SUBS17

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
No these DCS addons are not free(DCS itself is free and it comes with the SU25T which you can fly) but they are mostly quite cheap.(DCS is not like FSX ) BTW it looks like Iris might be a while trying to make addons for DCS they were working on a BD5J but from what I understand its quite quiet as far as DCS is concerned at the moment. Their subforum on DCS was removed so maybe they are buisy doing other stuff. Good news though is ED is doing an F/A-18C and Coretex designs is doing a F/A-18E so maybe eventually someone will do a F-14 for DCS. Their most recent patch incuded a PFM (Professional Flight Model) for the F-15C which is the first fast jet to feature such an advanced flight model and it flys quite awesome. 8)