Author Topic: FSX Won't start after installing FSDT LSZH/LSGG **SOLVED**  (Read 14222 times)

LimaCharlie

FSX Won't start after installing FSDT LSZH/LSGG **SOLVED**
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:19:58 pm »
Hello,

I just installed FSDT LSZH onto my FSX SP2. Launched FSX, confirmed the dialogue where win7 asks if it should trust the Virtuali stuff with "Yes, Always". FSX loads the new Scenerydatabase.

And ZIP - from one instant to the other, it just closes as if nothing had happened. It just exits, without even showing the Menu.

Further details: win7 SP1, no Antivir software interfering, also, I have the same problem when trying to install LSGG. One more hint: When uninstalling LSZH, I get the following error after selecting "uninstall addon manager": "Runtime Error (at 124:2318): Error on line 0, position 0: The file could not be found." Strangely, after uninstalling LSZH, the scenery is not removed from the library, which leads to an error when starting up FSX saying there is a scenery that could not be found, and I had to remove it by hand. This however does not happen with LSGG (???).

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:05:00 pm by virtuali »

Kub10

Re: FSX Won't start after installing FSDT LSZH/LSGG
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:16:43 pm »
I have exactly the same problem. I never had this before, but after a complete new windows installation and FSX to, it dosent work with any FS Dreamteam scenery anymore.
I run FSX on a second user configuration, as administrator setup. Seems FS Dreamteam scenerys running a more complicated system, as with other scenerys I dont have any problems.

Regards Sven

LimaCharlie

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
Absolutely: I just renewed my Windows today and reinstalled FSX, all updates and servicepacks included. Until yesterday, on the old system, my LSZH and LSGG were running with no problems, and now that I have downloaded them again to reinstall, the problems start.

So what I am guessing: Something must have changed in the installers since I last set up my FSX, which was about 4 months ago...

Gkvarga

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 01:36:07 am »
Exactly my problem too.  Just spent $97 for KDFW, GSX, and KLAS and now FSX wont start.

Money well spent, thanks alot.  How about we lose these stupid copy protections so that we can enjoy what we paid for.

Extremely pissed at the moment.  bglmanx.dll file seems to be the problem, if this is deleted, FSX works, but no FSDT sceneries I paid for or my QW757.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:44:04 am by Gkvarga »

OldOrchard512

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:49:50 am »
Having issues as well.. Dont know what the problem is but its definitely something to do with the addon manager/Coutl stuff.  When I uninstall the addon manager/coutl engine, the sim loads fine.
Tom Moretti

Tricky09

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 08:51:42 am »
So it's just not isolated to me then. I reinstalled addon manager yesterday and  FSX refuses to load on startup. it shows splash screen then exits. When addon  manager is removed the sim loads properly minus the FSDT sceneries. Another post says reinstall fsuipc so will try that today.

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 10:02:38 am »
Umberto,

I'm having the same problem as lima charlie.

The only difference is that I installed KORD instead of LSZH and LSGG.

When I tried to start FSX it didn't load on startup. It shows splash screen and then exits.

Now I can't start FSX. It shuts down after splash screen all the time.

It seems we are all having the same problem.

Please help.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:35:59 am by Daniel Santoro »
i7 860 @3.8Ghz /Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cpu cooler/ GTX 560 SC 2GB/ Asus P7P55D PRO / Corsair TX 750W / 8GB ram 1600 mhz/ Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Sistem/ FSX

Tricky09

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 11:03:24 am »
Ok I got mine running eventually after narrowing it down to the bglmanx.dll. I did a search on the forum and found this post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7254.msg60925#msg60925.

I downloaded the second bglmanx.dll and it worked first time. As support states I must have corrupted a library file somewhere and reinstalling addon manager wasnt able to fix it. I just need to get GSX to work now. However sceneries are working so am very hopeful.

Rich

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »
As support states I must have corrupted a library file somewhere and reinstalling addon manager wasnt able to fix it. I just need to get GSX to work now. However sceneries are working so am very hopeful.

If you fixed your problem with that alternate version of the bglmanx.dll, it means you had a problem with corrupted/missing Visual C++ runtime libraries. The only difference between the standard version of the .dll and the alternate one, is that requires a slightly different release of the VC++ runtimes, which was instead working on your system (it's possible and normal having multiple version of that library installed), unfortunately we can't anticipate which version of the library *might* end up being corrupted on an user's system so, we made different versions available on request, to fix these special cases.

If your sceneries are working with that version, simply install GSX then overwrite again the bglmanx.dll at the end with the alternate version posted in that thread.

Gkvarga

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:20 pm »
I too have downloaded a previous version of bglmanx and I was able to start FSX but with no sceneries.  I just bought them and have not even been able to activate them.  Before i purchased i ran in trial mode for a week with no issues.  Until i bought GSX yesterday and installed that too.  

Your previous post about KPHX trial mode messages you indicated that the user should download recently updated files.  Did you do an update most recently?  

How is it many people are having this issue all of a sudden?

If i had known my $97 would only have bought me the fun opportunity to reinstall FSX from a backup image, uninstall vcdist runtimes 2005 and reinstall ( which I have all done and still no good).  I would not have bought any of your product.

I'm sure you will work expeditiously to provide support to your paying customers?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:36:11 pm by Gkvarga »

giant

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »
Hi all,

Have the same problem since yesterday, LSZH worked fine last week, yesterday installed other fsdt sceneries and now it ctd's at menu screen. After removal bglmanx fsx loads ok. After replacing bglmanx with second file mentioned above fsx runs ok but then i have no buildings in the fsdreamteam sceneries anymore. Any ideas.
If the vc++ runtimes are the problem how do i fix this?

Rgds
Marko
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:38:32 pm by giant »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 02:45:20 pm »
After replacing bglmanx with second file mentioned above fsx runs ok but then i have no buildings in the fsdreamteam sceneries anymore. Any ideas.

You have to install the scenery, THEN replace the .dll and, of course, check if you have the "Addon Manager" menu inside FSX, and if you are being asked permission to run the module (which of course you'll have to reply Yes)

giant

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »
Installed scenery, replaced bglmanx but have no "addon manager" in the menu. permission to the module was given.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:37 pm »
I have the same problem. Replacing with the alternate file was not successfull. This file has the same versionnumber like this one I replaced. I installed the KPHX-setup. Before that everything was fine. What can we do now (I guess the problems of the other users and mine have the same sources)?

best regards Kai

LimaCharlie

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »
Since this problem seems to have emerged in a period of time shortly prior yesterday, is it possible that Microsoft have released an update for whatever software (c++ 2005?), we've all downloaded that automatically via Windows Update and that's what's causing the problem?

Only other possibility I see is that maybe FSDT changed their installers in the last weeks. Because one thing is evident: This hasn't been an issue before, and now, all of a sudden, a lot of people start getting the same problem. So something must have changed...