Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 3145 times)

psykie

Error Message
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:40 am »
Hello and Please Help:

I am getting an Error Message when trying to use GSX at ORBX KJAC.  The error message reads as this; "The addon <unkown> is causing a Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.  Detailes can be found at C:/Users/Matthew/AppData etc.....etc.  Please download  and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from FSDT etc.. etc.. ."   OK, I did download the add-on manager and the error message still comes on.  I recently added parked aircraft from "instant scenery" at this particular airport (KJAC) and since than I am getting this message.  Does Instant Scenery cause this message and does GSX have any known compatibility issues with Instant Scenery?  OR, is it something else?

Also, I just tried the same sequence at FlightBeam KSFO and it worked just fine.  This is happening only at ORBX's  KJAC. When I call for the fuel truck at ORBX KJAC i get an immediate error (see above).  When I call for a push back I dont get the error and it seems to work OK.  I also have noticed that GSX vehicles are driving through my plane and as they do, I get that error.  Its almost as if they dont know my plane is there.  This does NOT happen at other airports.  Not sure whats going on here. I havechecked my AFCAD several times for KJAC and everything seems ok.   Please help! 

Matthew
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:04:29 am by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error Message
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35:25 am »
This is happening only at ORBX's  KJAC. When I call for the fuel truck at ORBX KJAC i get an immediate error (see above). 

If it's happening only there, chances are the AFCAD for that scenery has a problem, like missing/unconnected/orphaned parkings, and such. We hade reports that some of the Orbx sceneries don't even have parking spots to begin with, so they will never work with GSX. In these cases, it would be safer to simply disable GSX at that airport, so you won't see the error anymore, if you look at the manual, there's an explanation how to disable GSX on a specific ICAO,

psykie

Re: Error Message
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:48:13 pm »
Hello

Thanks again for your quick reply.  I have been messing with that AFCAD a lot lately (as I have installed Instant Scenery AI fixed parked traffic (planes on the tarmac).   I was manipulating KJAC AFCAD (through AFX) so the moving AI (UT2) does not interfere with the "fixed" instance scenery parked airplanes.  So, I might have done something to the AFCAD that is causing this error like message.  If I recall it worked there before.  Is there anything I need to check on the AFCAD to make sure the AFCAD is not affecting GSX in any way?

Also, I just checked GSX at Orbx's KHQM in Washington State and it seemd to work fine (other than I had my parking circle in the wrong direction so vehicles did a quick 180).  But fuel truck and everyting seemd to work.  This is why I think its my afcad at KJAC.  

QUESTION:  Why when I move my default Lear to an airport it sometimes is floating a few thousand feet above the exact parking area when its supposed to be on the ground?  Sometimes it is parked a few thousand feet (just hovering) above the actual parking area and airport I assigned it to go.    

Matthew  

Matthew
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:21:26 pm by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.