Author Topic: aircraft Tug ever pull instead of push?  (Read 4298 times)

psykie

aircraft Tug ever pull instead of push?
« on: October 07, 2012, 07:35:53 am »
Hello

Does the tug ever pull or does it always push back?  Sorry if this has been asked before.  In some of my airports I noticed that I have to turn my afcad parking circles around.  

Matthew
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:37:30 am by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: aircraft Tug ever pull instead of push?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:27:19 pm »
Does the tug ever pull or does it always push back?

No, it only push back, we might add the ability to pull in a future version, but it will probably only be available for customize airports (like FSDT, Flightbeam, etc.)

In some of my airports I noticed that I have to turn my afcad parking circles around.  

There's no need to turn the parking spot, it's usually best to adjust the nodes around the parking.

psykie

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 05:44:10 pm »
Hey

Thanks for your quick response.  What do you mean by the "nodes" around the parking?  Are you referring to the blue dots or the node that indicates the front of the plane?  I need to change the direction of the parking circle "node" in order that my Marshaller is facing the right way i.e., toward the tarmac (so the marshallers back isn't facing me".   Are there other options?

Matthew
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:54:52 am by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »
I need to change the direction of the parking circle "node" in order that my Marshaller is facing the right way i.e., toward the tarmac (so the marshallers back isn't facing me".   

That's another entirely different issue: if your Marshaller is reversed, it means the parking heading is reversed against the direction of the taxiline approach, GSX can compensate for this with a flag, but it can't be set by the user yet, will appear in an upgrade of the scenery editor.

psykie

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:58:55 pm »
Hey Virtuali

That is correct.  The reason why I have my planes parked like that (for example ORBX KJAC) the bizz jets are all parked facing toward the tarmac, toward the airport.  I look up airports on Google Earth to see how they are parked and since I fly the Lear I like my FBO's to be "as real as it gets".  So when I flew to your FSDT Kona (great airport by the way)  I looked it up on google earth to adjust the AFCAD accordingly.  Having worked at an FBO yrs ago I know that when a bizz jet comes in they park close to the terminal office area and than they move it later.  

I'm wondering, if I just put a parking circle without placing a parking link to the circle if that would prevent AI from parking there so there is a parking space whenever I land thats facing the direction I want?  If not I can move the nodes around.  Doesn't have to be exact.

Matthew

Matthew
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:27:44 pm by psykie »
Matthew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »
I'm wondering, if I just put a parking circle without placing a parking link to the circle if that would prevent AI from parking there so there is a parking space whenever I land thats facing the direction I want?

No, if a parking spot it's not connected to the taxiway layout, GSX won't use it.