Author Topic: GSX error message  (Read 8306 times)

KingCat

GSX error message
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:11 pm »
I've been using GSX for a while now, and I've never had any problems with it. Today, I got the first error message:

First, an explanation what I was doing and at the end of my post the errorlog:

1. Airplane: PMDG B737-600.
2. Airport: KPMD (default).
3. Gate: parking 4 (I used a dowloaded AFCAD, because the default KPMD AFCAD does not have parking spots).
4. First thing I did was request the fuel truck, and after the first error message I requested boarding, but I got the same errormessage again.

I suspect that the error is triggered by the AFCAD, but I have no idea what I have to adjust in that AFCAD to make GSX work on KPMD. I have included the AFCAD with my post, so maybe you can see what's wrong with it.

Here is the text from the log:

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Wed Oct 03 14:42:23 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 208, in do
  File ".\contextlib.py", line 33, in __exit__
  File "couatl\common\engineNoiseEmitter.py", line 56, in running
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 201, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\fuelTruck.py", line 27, in getApproachRoute
IndexError: list index out of range

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Wed Oct 03 14:42:41 2012

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Wed Oct 03 14:43:35 2012

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Wed Oct 03 14:43:55 2012
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Wed Oct 03 14:44:28 2012
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

Thanks in advance,

Jon

KingCat

Re: GSX error message
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:41 am »
Any help please?

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:11:55 am »
We'll look into it. I guess it happens only there ?

KingCat

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 11:14:29 am »
Thanks in advance, yes only at KPMD. So far I've never experienced any problems with GSX.

Jon

KingCat

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:17 am »
I was just wondering if any progress on this issue has been made?

Jon

KingCat

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:28:34 pm »
Bump.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:46:30 pm »
Bumping this message won't result in a solution any faster. If this happens only at that airport, it clearly means it's a problem of the AFCAD, which doesn't obviously mean we won't have a look at it, but if nothing has been posted so far, it means a solution is not available yet. When it will, a reply will be made here.

KingCat

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:06:06 pm »
it clearly means it's a problem of the AFCAD

That's what I already indicated in my OP over 2 weeks ago...

If you're not planning on looking into it, just let me know because it's pretty obvious that if a thread goes to the 2nd or 3rd page of a forum, nobody reads it anymore so a reply is unlikely. But I guess I already have my answer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 10:36:12 am »
That's what I already indicated in my OP over 2 weeks ago...

Nothing in your original message suggested the problem happened elsewhere, you said it happened with a downloaded AFCAD, because the default doesn't have parking spots.

In any case, I had a quick look at that AFCAD and, the first thing I've noticed, there's an orphaned parking. This has been discussed many times on the forum: if the AFCAD has obvious errors like orphaned parkings, missing links, unconnected taxiways, overlapping nodes, etc. GSX won't work there. GSX has some code to defend itself against errors, but it can't handle everything.

Such errors can be easily checked for using any AFCAD editor, like ADE or AFX, since both have a "Fault finder" option, that is best to use first, before reporting any problems with GSX. You might be able to fix this with ADE, by redoing the link to that parking and be sure it connects properly.

KingCat

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 11:12:46 am »
Yes, but I also indicated in my first post that I have no idea what to adjust in that AFCAD, because I never do that.

So if you can explain to me what exactly has to be adjusted in that AFCAD and how to do that in ADE, the "problem" can hopefully be solved in a matter of time. Because I don't want to make things worse in that AFCAD by doing things I have no idea what I'm doing.

Jon
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:15:14 am by KingCat »

Eisbahn

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 05:31:03 pm »
Yes, but I also indicated in my first post that I have no idea what to adjust in that AFCAD, because I never do that.

So if you can explain to me what exactly has to be adjusted in that AFCAD and how to do that in ADE, the "problem" can hopefully be solved in a matter of time. Because I don't want to make things worse in that AFCAD by doing things I have no idea what I'm doing.

Jon

Why do you think Umberto should instruct you how to correct other peoples mistakes?
Why don't you contact the person who supplied the AFCAD you downloaded?
It isn't Umberto's problem if you don't know what you're doing!

KingCat

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »
Thanks to some helpful (!) people on the internet, this problem has been fixed in 5 minutes instead of the 3 weeks post overhere.

Topic can be closed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:11:52 pm by KingCat »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 02:34:34 am »
Thanks to some helpful (!) people on the internet, this problem has been fixed in 5 minutes instead of the 3 weeks post overhere.

You could saved that time if, instead of assuming the problem was GSX, you took into consideration that the AFCAD might be the problem (which should have been fairly obvious, since you said yourself it only happened *there*, with a downloaded AFCAD).

Problems are dealt in order or priority depending how many users are affected: you just can't expect a problem which wasn't caused by GSX in the first place, happening ONLY at a specific airport, ONLY with that specific downloaded AFCAD and that was reported ONLY by ONE user, would get the highest priority.

If you are expecting that GSX would auto-magically fix sceneries with mistakes (that would be a much greater feat than all its features put together), and the support forum being a place were you can learn about scenery design, I'd say you are expecting a bit too much from it.

Eisbahn

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 12:24:33 pm »

Topic can be closed.

Are you going to tell us how you resolved the problem?

killkenny1

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 12:22:43 am »

Topic can be closed.

Are you going to tell us how you resolved the problem?
Interested in the solution to this problem as well!