Author Topic: GSX not working **SOLVED**  (Read 17970 times)

bensmini

GSX not working **SOLVED**
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:37:08 am »
I don't get the GSX function to work at present, the addon mgr says that is active but nothing happens, what's the problem?  Know of nothing that has happened to cause it not to work anymore.  Also the last time it was working the audio features no longer functioned.
Do I need a reinstall or what?

bensmini
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:03:04 am by virtuali »

808CruzControl

Re: GSX not working
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:05 am »
yeah theres quite a bit of poeple having trouble. Im constantly checking the forums for help. Some things that could pose as a problem are the VC+++ updates and sound driver. I myself pretty much did EVERYTHING to try and fix this problem but it is still being a pain.

Things I did? (Which didnt work)

Removed all VC+++ then updated them with the ones from one of the threads
Updated VC+++ after having them installed
Removed sound driver
Uninstalled GSX then reinstalled GSX before any other FSDT product
Repaired FSX Accel
Repaired Windows 7

For some reason whenever I open FSX the error comes about my Coautl then the folder of GSX disappears and then it corrupts all other FSDT airports making the buildings disappear. I also noticed that the Couatl icon on the top tab of FSX also disappears.

Has any of this happened to you?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:36:34 am »
yeah theres quite a bit of poeple having trouble

No, there are only a couple, but people confuse threads subjects and causes of the problem so, for example, last thread with "GSX not working" turned out to be BOTH users had their function key on the keyboard not properly configured, so GSX obviously couldn't read the "CTRL" key.

In this case, you should NOT assume THIS problem reported here is similar to yours. The poster hasn't said anything about a "runtime error" (which is the problem YOU have ) so please, before we confirm what THIS problem reported here is about, don't confuse the original poster with your issue, which will further confuse things if I tried to reply to you here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:39:11 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:37:32 am »
I don't get the GSX function to work at present, the addon mgr says that is active

Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

bensmini

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:46 am »
Yes both

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:06 am »
What key is assigned to GSX in the Couatl -> "Change key assignment" menu ? Is that key accessible from your keyboard and not used by another product in FSX ?

bensmini

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »
Under Cauotl I don't have a Key Reassignment just a KEY MAPPING, where it shows park me and GLOBAL with the Crtl+F12 assigned.  Is Gobal GSX?  There are no other Keys or products listed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 11:39:30 pm »
It seems you haven't installed GSX. Be sure you install GSX using the full installer, after any FSDT scenery.

bensmini

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 06:03:24 am »
I think GSX is installed as it shows on my program file list, the add-on manager says it is active, and until it stopped working 5 days ago I was using it quite often.  So unless GSX can disappear on its on shall I reinstall and should I uninstall the progam on my computer first?  What should I do (don't forget the audio which has been gone for at least a month).
Ben Metcalfe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:44:49 am »
What should I do (don't forget the audio which has been gone for at least a month).

Do you have the GSX Settings menu ?

bensmini

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »
What is the GSX settings menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 12:48:48 pm »
What is the GSX settings menu?

Under the "Couatl powered products" menu, there should be several GSX menu entries, one of them it's GSX Settings. Do you have it ?

bensmini

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 01:01:43 pm »
If you are talking about the cauotl powered products in addon mgr there is nothing when you click on it but "key assignments", no other products listed or menus.

Ben Metcalfe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »
If you are talking about the cauotl powered products in addon mgr there is nothing when you click on it but "key assignments", no other products listed or menus.

This means the problem has happened before GSX created its menu. You need to activate a log, to see what's happening: open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe and try launching FSX and see if a Couatl.LOG file has been created in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content.

bensmini

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »
Umberto,
Thanks for your response.  I am a computer dummy and what you are suggesting is far beyond my skills.  I have no idea where the "FSX/fsdreamteam/cauotl file folder" is.  And the rest of what you say is a total mystery to me.  I might be able to find note pad but that is the limit of my skills.

Wouldn't it be far easier to uninstall my existing GSX and reinstall the program.  I don't know where my GSX serial  number is but one of the boxes in addon flight manager suggest it does exist.  In fact their is another box called reinstall, should I be looking at that?

I am sorry to be such a pain and appreciate all you have done so far but your expertise far exceeds my abilities.

Regards Ben