Author Topic: Marshall etc reversed when coming on to Stand  (Read 3256 times)

Selkan

Marshall etc reversed when coming on to Stand
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:55:45 am »
The title probably dosn't make much sense, but I will explain.  I refer to Aerosofts Stuttgart and Heraklion Airports which I have recently purchased from them.

Yesterday I flew into Stuttgart Airport, and was directed to Stand 74.  As the 'Follow Me Car' approached the Stand I could see that the Follow me should have taxied me in on an opposite 180' approach, as the Marshaller etc were all facing the other way. (i.e. the Marshaller had his back to me).  This has also happened at Heraklion, I believe Stand Tango 1.  I should just mention that these Stands are away from Terminal buildings, and can therefore be approached in two possible directions.

I am assuming this has something to do with the AFCAD in use?  Obviously, I can see this on approaching the Stand, and ignor the Follow me Car, and just make my own route onto the Stand.  I was just wondering if there is any way this can be 'dealt with' i.e. an additional function in GSX that turns everything 180' on a particular Stand when wanted?  I appreciate this is probably not a GSX fault, but thought I would ask here before putting a similar Post on the Aerosoft Forum.

Away for a few days, but will respond upon return if required.  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshall etc reversed when coming on to Stand
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:05:29 pm »
I am assuming this has something to do with the AFCAD in use?

Everything "strange" that happens in GSX is almost always a problem with the AFCAD. In your case, the problem was likely the orientation of the parking spot was reversed compared to the direction of the path approaching to it.

GSX already has a feature to handle this case, but we only used for our own customizations ( see KLAX Parking 14 to 25 ), but it's not exposed in the user interface to customize a parking, we should probably add it.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:35 pm »
...thought I would ask here before putting a similar Post on the Aerosoft Forum.

They design airports around AES, I don't think you'll get much help discussing GSX on their forum.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Selkan

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »
Hi Virtuali, thanks for response.  If in the future the feature to reverse everything on a particular Stand sounds good.  Although I only mention two different Stands in my Post, I believe this is going to happen quite often at those Airports, because there are a number of Stands with a dual approach.

Many thanks