Author Topic: GSX error: ValueError: invalid literal for float():  (Read 5822 times)

MatthijsDJ

GSX error: ValueError: invalid literal for float():
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:01 pm »
Hi all,

getting the error below while using gsx. Searched the forum, googled it but didn't found a solution. Maybe something with the decimal seperator in my regional settings of Win7?

Error:

couatl v2.0 (build 2315) panic log started on Mon Sep 24 21:57:53 2012 Traceback (most recent call last): File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\passengerStairs.py", line 209, in do File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 143, in waitDoorState File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 151, in waitForConditions File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 110, in waitForConditions File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in waitForConditions File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in <genexpr> ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 1,

couatl v2.0 (build 2315) panic log started on Mon Sep 24 22:07:12 2012 SimConnect exception: <unknown error>

couatl v2.0 (build 2315) panic log started on Mon Sep 24 22:18:35 2012 Traceback (most recent call last): File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\catering.py", line 296, in do File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 143, in waitDoorState File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 151, in waitForConditions File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 110, in waitForConditions File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in waitForConditions File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in <genexpr> ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 100,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX error: ValueError: invalid literal for float():
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:18:40 am »
As requested many times already on the forum, when reporting such errors, ALWAYS include ALL the following informations:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

- The gate used

- The GSX operation that was selected.

From the error message, it seems you have edited the airplane exit with a custom command and made an error but, since you haven't provided all the information we always ask to report an error, we can't check the airplane used to see if the error is coming from the GSX database or it's a result of your editing.

MatthijsDJ

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:30:03 am »
Oops.. Sorry forgot to add that  :-[

I got the message with them PMDG NGX (700), on both Aerosoft Amsterdam(D88) and Maastricht (Forgot the gate). Got the error during every action, only the fueling action doesn't seem to be affected.

The only thing I did with GSX was downloading it, installing it, registering it. Nothing more or less :).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:16:49 am »
I got the message with them PMDG NGX (700), on both Aerosoft Amsterdam(D88) and Maastricht (Forgot the gate). Got the error during every action, only the fueling action doesn't seem to be affected.

I've tried the NGX-700 just now, and there are no problems.

Have you customized the airplane, even using a previous GSX installation ? Try to used the GSX airplane configuration editor and choose the "Reset" option, and "Discard all customizations", this will revert to the default data that comes with GSX.

MatthijsDJ

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:19:10 pm »
Ok,

Did that, did one try at Maastricht and it worked here.

So no tried it again on Amsertdam, with FS2crew running, same plane only this time at gate D4.

Asked for the catering service, and I gues that near the end of that action it crashed. Did a total reinstall of GSX, and had the same result :).

Error:
couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Tue Sep 25 19:15:35 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\catering.py", line 296, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 143, in waitDoorState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 151, in waitForConditions
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 110, in waitForConditions
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in waitForConditions
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in <genexpr>
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 100,1

Just tried boarding and again near the end of boarding:

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Tue Sep 25 19:15:35 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\catering.py", line 296, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 143, in waitDoorState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 151, in waitForConditions
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 110, in waitForConditions
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in waitForConditions
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 27, in <genexpr>
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 100,
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:46:15 pm by MatthijsDJ »

MatthijsDJ

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 08:57:38 pm »
Small update, changed the decimal char from "," to "." in my regional settings, and just had my first succesfull catering action on Amsterdam.

Will try to do a full run tomorrow :).

MatthijsDJ

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 11:11:11 am »
Seems that it was the trick, had two flights without errors.

Bit weird that only I got the error, I know that there are more Dutch GSX owners :).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 12:50:00 pm »
Bit weird that only I got the error, I know that there are more Dutch GSX owners :).

It's not just the Netherlands that has "," as a decimal separator, many countries in Europe have it too (including Italy...), but we never heard of this problem before.