Author Topic: MERRY-GO-ROUND during EDIT  (Read 3496 times)

cuevision

MERRY-GO-ROUND during EDIT
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:25:48 pm »
Hi,

I am testing the trail version. I run into a serious problem and was wondering how to get rid of this.

When I want to configure the plane by pressing the 3D edit button, the screen that appears is turning around in a very fast way, like a merry-go-round but then 100 times faster. I can not stop this. I have to restart FSX.

Can anyone tell me how I can avoid this? This case as not a reason to purchase it if I am not sure if this can be solved.

Thanks and regards,
Ed

(ps I have not drunk any alcohol and did not use a merry-go-round lately)

Thanks and regards,
Ed

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: MERRY-GO-ROUND during EDIT
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 05:43:51 pm »
Had the same problem, just disable any slew function assigned to a controller axis and use the keyboard.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »
Can anyone tell me how I can avoid this? This case as not a reason to purchase it if I am not sure if this can be solved.

Not a GSX problem, of course. The issue is your joystick that hasn't the null zone properly calibrated or you simply touched it and it started to slew, this would be the same even with no GSX installed, if you went in slew mode for any reason.

Either disable the joystick input temporarily ( CTRL+K by default ) when editing the airplane, or permanently de-assign any joystick axis to the Slew functions, using the FSX option to customize controls.

cuevision

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:48:14 pm »
Thanks both for this information. Will check it right away. Love the product at this time so worth to get it run in my configaration too.

Best regards,
Ed

cuevision

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:27 pm »
CONVINCED

I have bought it and looking forward to use it.

Ed