Author Topic: GSX gravity problems  (Read 9679 times)

Motow

GSX gravity problems
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:09:33 pm »
I tried the demo of GSX, this has created problems of gravity of the aircrafts , at the gates are all below ground , in air are vertical and with some parts missing .
And more , i can't load flight plans and exiting the game an error on gps_ .... i don't remember ...
After uninstalling everything isn't okay .
What could have changed in the fsx files about GSX ?

Thanks for the info ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX gravity problems
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »
The problem is surely not related in any way to GSX, which doesn't change any of the FSX files (except removing the default pushback truck), doesn't change any of the airplane configuration files (it only reads them), doesn't change any of the FSX scenery files (again, it only reads them) and doesn't interact with the default gps, at all.

So nothing of your problem could be possibly related in any way to GSX, nobody ever reported this so, it must by just a coincidence you just noted this after installing GSX so you attributed to it, but GSX can't have anything to do with this.

Motow

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:50:33 pm »
I read it before you make a post, but is the only change I made in FSX, but you know which file determines the gravity in fsx?

i don't know what I need to check also for the gps broken ...

tnx

Motow

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:51:37 pm »
the file broken is gps_engine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:01 am »
but you know which file determines the gravity in fsx?

There's no such thing, it's a flight model issue driven by parameters in the aircraft.cfg. GSX doesn't change ANY of your aicraft.cfg files, so it can't be the cause of this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 11:17:38 am »
the file broken is gps_engine

GSX doesn't interact in any way with the FSX gps.

And if the file crashed is really named gps_engine.dll (the FSX gps module is called gps.dll) , it's not even part of FSX, so it might be some kind of 3rd party addon you installed, more clearly proving GSX doesn't have anything to do with this.

Motow

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 03:19:45 pm »
Correct , in fact not exist  gps_engine on fsx , not found ...

thanks for interest .

Aragorn80

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 06:53:57 pm »
I 'm experiencing the same identical problem after the installation of the last Gsx update (i've the full version, not the demo).Two clues make a proof...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »
Two clues make a proof...

No, this only proves that another (still unknown) addon you have installed which doesn't have anything to do with GSX and it's causing this issue, is installed by both of you. If GSX had this problem, we would have hundreds of reports by now, not just two.

Motow

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 03:40:01 pm »
This is the configuration works before gxs demo install :

FSX Acceleration
UTX Europe
REX
Traffic X

I have completely removed fsx , clean regedit ad remove any files in appdata and temp on windows directory .
I have reinstall fsx under new hard disk dedicated without addons .
The problem is not solved, I have global coordinates in the wrong places , for this reasion gps_engine not see the waypoint and produced error .

I not understand what file generates error coordinates , this file isn't in FSX installation folders but mabye is in win7 ...

I have tried different installations of FSX , also in demo version and not work ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »
The problem is not solved, I have global coordinates in the wrong places , for this reasion gps_engine not see the waypoint and produced error .

I can only repeat and confirm that first, GSX can't cause this problem AND:

I not understand what file generates error coordinates , this file isn't in FSX installation folders but mabye is in win7 ...

Your initial report about a supposedly broken gps_engine "file", is not really a filename. You probably saw a MESSAGE from FSX saying: "Error loading GSP engine", which might relate to the gps.dll file.

However, to get a final and sure proof (not there wasn't any doubt about this) that GSX can't possibly create this problem, just searching around for this error, returns some discussions dated back to 2006, 6 years before GSX was released:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?154279-Error-loading-GPS-engine
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/error-loading-gps_engine-fsx-t3025318.html
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=18018&t=18012

This completely proves GSX doesn't have anything to do with this and, it seems to be related to a corrupted startup flight. And no, GSX doesn't touch any of your saved flights either.

Motow

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »
gps_engine is a command line that contained in the flight plans , all errors you're referring are simple about pnl broken or lost waypoints. Our error is about global coordinates wrong and the gps_engine can't write a regular flight plan because don't find correct waypoints on the scenery areas .
I'm not accusing gsx to be a bad software but i try to understand if it's compatible with other addons or not and also how it's possible an error after reinstall fsx on clear hard disk and clear regedit .

I trust in your help
tnx.

Aragorn80

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 08:45:48 pm »
My configuration is
Fsx Sp2 deluxe
Gsx full with latest update
Utx (Eur-Usa-Can-Tropics)
Gex (Eur-NAM-Africa ME-Tropics)
Rex 2.0 overdrive
My traffic 2013

As you can see me and Motow share only 2 add ons: Rex and Utx Europe, besides Gsx. The last add ons I've installed were MyTraffic and Utx Tropics, but they didn't cause any problem for more than a week...the last update I did was the GSX one, and since then I've had this problems. I don't wanna accuse anyone, I love Gsx, indeed i bought it, I'm just trying to figure out what the hell has happened to Fsx, considering that until september 20th everything was excellent!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 09:49:05 pm »
You probably haven't followed carefully those threads I've linked or read my message well enough: that problem has been reported to be happening in FSX since 2006 when it was released and, according to those threads, it seems related to a corrupted saved flight.

As I've said, GSX doesn't affect in any way saved flight so, please, just stop losing your time chasing a possible GSX problem, because there isn't the theoretical chance installing GSX could affect a saved flight, because there's no interaction whatsoever between them, not even in read-only mode.

What other addons you have is entirely irrelevant, you can uninstall all of them but, if you have a problem with a saved flight, uninstalling all addons AND even uninstalling reinstalling FSX itself won't fix this, because saved flights are in your Documents folder, and this is not removed either by removing an addon or even by reinstalling FSX, you have to manually remove the actual saved flights files. And, a saved flight is NOT just a single file, but there are several files that made one, the situation itself, the meteo file and the flight plan (if you had one active when the flight was saved).

Again, this is just for your information but, it's entirely unrelated to GSX, which doesn't read, write or interact in ANY way with ANY of the things related to saved flights in FSX and, according to all the reports I could find (if you Google for it, you'll find several similar reports ALL of them dated well before GSX was released) it's always something related to a problem with a saved flight.

Aragorn80

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:31 am »
ok, probably you're right...indeed this bug exists since 2006 and beyond, in the case of FS9, but try to understand that I'm in a tricky situation and I'm considering every possible motivation that lead to this problem.